icon

2001 tahoe lock relay confirmation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

I got the 1700g and an APS620 Prestige. Are these good RS?

Now the 1700g doesnt control the door locks and the l/ul are negative on the 620 and the tahoes locks are postive. Im guessing i need two relays and was wondering if i got these relays wire correctly.

Lock lt. Blue Pin A4                                                  Unlock white Pin A3

87 - Lt Blue from Tahoe                                            87 - White from Tahoe

87a- 12v                                                                      87a -12v

86 -12v fuse box                                                         86-12v fusebox

30- 12 v                                                                         30 - 12v

85 - RS lock output                                                      85 - RS Unlock output

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm should control both positve and negative locks. Switch the green and red lock wires backwards(green to lock and red to unlock and it should work without adding relays...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

That sounds even better thanks.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  

Actually Mike the APS-620 only has negative outputs, so mbaudio06 your going to have to follow the directions on page 5 of your installation manual. You have to follow the diagram for "Positive Door Locks" and add 2 relays.

Frank

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I forgot to add your relay pins are correct except for pin 87A, that you don't use at all.  Also you can use the same constant 12v source for pins 86 and 30. You can jump them together, (both 86's and both 30's all leading to 1 wire tapping your constant12v) just make sure you fuse it. 10 amps should be fine and you can use the Red 12v constant at the ignition harness.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Good to know, i deal in the Pursuit line and they all switch the lock outputs. You gotta wonder why they still make product that doesn't...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Mike, the APS-620 is made in a different plant, and is mostly different from the other Audiovox stuff.
No positive doorlocks, no crank averaging, no wait-to-start wire, no two-step unlock, only one auxilary output.
The main ignition wires are horribly stiff and unpleasant to work with, and I've seen a small handful of defectiv units.......but for the most part, they work well, and are good for the money.
Also, the exterior of the box says that the unit does positive locks, even though it doesn't.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic