Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

APS620

556U

Whats the trick to getting these things to work everytime? It seems like the antenna ring that have sucks and wont start the vehicle everytime. It works great when i dont have the steering column shroud on but once i put the thing on i dont know if its bumping it and moving it out of place or what because it will not work when that is on. I tried to wrap it in electrical tape but it seems like that isolates it somehow and doesnt work either way. Can i take off the pvc wrap and just wrap the wire around? SOmeone help.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Use the direct wiring method provided in the instruction manual of the 556u.  It basically would be wired in series with the factory immobilizer ring.  The "will work with european models" method will work.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2008 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
Use the direct wiring method provided in the instruction manual of the 556u.  It basically would be wired in series with the factory immobilizer ring.  The "will work with european models" method will work.

x2 on that.  Hardwiring the 556u is the only reliable way to make it work in euros and some mazdas that the shroud gets in the way of the ring.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2008 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I just strip the ring of the black cover, then wrap it a few times around the ignition. Make sure you wrap it towards the front( where you insert the key) and you shouldn't have any problems.
Once you have it where it will work wrap the ring in some 3M electrical tape and you're set. The way the shroud fits back over the ignition you wont be able to see where you have your ring.
Cris
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
Read the instructions ref European vehicles, it specifically says discard antenna and hardwire this is the ONLY way it will work on BMW/VW. RTFM

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic