icon

mobile spec anyone?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

Alright, has anybody had any experience good or bad with Mobile Spec?  The sales rep was in my store a week ago trying to shove their new line of subwoofers/amps/speakers down my throat.  The guy walked in with a pair of speakers and a subwoofer that looked like Audiobahn and MA Audio had a love child.  I guess that's the look they were going for.  www.mobilespec.com

Jason

2003 Dodge Neon R/T
Alpine CDA9813, RF T2000.1bd, RF T162S, RFT142C, RF T600.4, RF T215D4
140.7 @ 28Hz
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Good analogy. Looked over the website, and I can't say I'm terribly impressed.
Probably swap-o-rama specials!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't take it to a swap meet with the prices they're charging for it!  It's straight robbery.

Jason

2003 Dodge Neon R/T
Alpine CDA9813, RF T2000.1bd, RF T162S, RFT142C, RF T600.4, RF T215D4
140.7 @ 28Hz
killa101 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
audiomaninc wrote:

The guy walked in with a pair of speakers and a subwoofer that looked like Audiobahn and MA Audio had a love child. 

lol, that exactly what their subs look like.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  

audiomaninc wrote:
I guess that's the look they were going for

Yea that gear is seriously an eye-sore. 

I mean - gear that looks like this sells well - my girlfriend loves stuff that looks like that - she thinks my JL amps look "boring and they don't light up."

And Audiobahn does dominate the market - *sigh* - they seem to be where RF was in 1999.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have been a member here forever, but haven't had much time to stay active, however I was doing a search and saw this post. I have no connections with Mobile Spec in any way, shape or form, except a buddy of mine who is a dealer, sells it. I have a few of their pieces. I love them. Hands down, if I had to buy another capacitor, it'd be a Mobile Spec, their amps are supposed to be awesome for the money. As far as their speakers, subs, etc. I haven't heard them, but he sells everything from JL to swap-meet stuff, and he likes what he hears out of them. My favorite thing about their line is their wire, its awesome stuff, soft, extremely flexible, in my Maxima I am running awt gauge, and it feels as flexable as a 8 gauge kit. JL came out with their top of the line soft stuff, but this is much softer, as well, and if you have ever run 0 gauge, you know its like laying pipe, but not the Mobile Spec stuff, as well they have some of the nicest braided wire I have ever had my hands on, or seen for that matter, if your looking for show. There RCA's, I want to say they have 3 or 4 levels, and the top of the line, which I am going off of memory here, are the Ice-X line or Pro IceX? Are TRUE directional. There DB's/fuse holders are nice, and solid, with other ones I have used in the past are kind of flimsy, or you end up paying the price for the quality. Their black chrome is the cap for me, its clean, its showy, but not "bling bling." This is a very nice product, you get quality and a price that won't break the budget. As last I knew, they were as well offering alternators, that were direct bolt-on. Ohio needs a run for their money, they can change whatever they want, because they know they can get it, they have a monopoly in the industry, and I am for anyone giving someone a run for their money. Again, I just have a buddy who sells it, and I have tried it out, and I am a hard man to try something new. I stay with Memphis, JL, Diamond, and Rainbow because I know the quality and I want what I pay for. And I haven't been displeased with any of the Mobile Spec stuff, I am running awt gauge from the Optima yellow top back, 2 of their DB's powering a Memphis MOJO sub amp, Memphis 300/4 speaker amp, 12 farad cap, and EQS. I as well, have 4 sets of their RCA's 2 of them being their middle of the road icey blue color, 1 is a 17' 2 channel, and the other is a 17' 4 channel and then 2 of their 3' top of the line Ice-X or Pro Ice-X or something, running from the Epic-160 to the HU. If I started from scratch, I'd do the same thing again. But, I am not sure how their dealer prices are, but I'd give them a shot, if the opening order wasn't too large, you could even use them solely for installion accessories.
Duke Duke
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
I used to use Mbile spec, & loved it. This was B4 they made amps & subs. I only stopped using them becuase I got hooked up with aamp of america. I think M.S. wire is better, & I know some of their fuse folders are.
used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic