icon

fitting a dual stage shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sir_rich 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Viper 480xv Cat 1 Alarm & Immobiliser which I recently had fitted by Gap Security, I have now bought a dual stage shock sensor DEI504 but am unsure where to connect to on the alarm unit. I managed to get it plugged in but when trying to arm the alarm it would only flash the indicators, Is there more than one way they can be plugged in?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

fitting a dual stage shock sensor -- posted image.
sir_rich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
anyone got any ideas?
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
If your alarm has a negative trigger input, simply connect the trigger wire from the sensor to it. If not, you can tie the trigger wire to the negative door trigger wire on the alarm, though you will need to use diode on the sensor trigger wire AND on the door trigger wire you used on the vehicle. Now with a dual stage shock sensor you will have 2 trigger wires. One will be your pre warn and the other will be full alarm sounding. The full alarm wire will be blue. If your alarm doesnt have a pre warn input, then you will need to use only the blue wire.
sir_rich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
my alarm does have the pre warn input aswell. The sensors i have has 2 connectors, a 4 pin and a 3 pin which both seems to fit, although i cant really see what im plugging into. When they are in the and i arm the system only the indicators flash twice but alarm isnt armed
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
So what you are saying is when you plug the sensor in, you are unable to arm the system?
sir_rich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

well yeah, just wanted to know if there was any other way it could be plugged in, maybe i put it in the wrong connector

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

k let me figure this out.... You bought a viper alarm which has a port for a shock sensor to plug into. First off  is the port for 3 or 4 wires? You then bought a DEI dual stage shock sensor. That sensor has a plug on both ends. One to plug into the sensor itself and another to plug into the alarm. That sensor should have 4 wires since its a dual stage. Since your alarm is not a DEI, that plug wont work on the viper alarm (someone correct me if I am wrong). If you can get a shock sensor thats made by Viper, it will probably plug right in. I am not sure why the alarm you got did not come with a shock sensor since there is a port for it anyways. There is a way to use your sensor on your alarm but you wont be able to use the pre warn funtion. Forgetting about that port for a minute, is there any other wire on your alarm that says "pre warn input" or anything like that?

sir_rich 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm no you seem to be getting wrong. To start with Viper are made by DEI and so is the sensor i have. It comes with a wire with 2 plugs on one end and 1 on the other. I end obviously is meant to go into the sensor which leaves me with a 3 and a 4 wire connector to go into the alarm unit
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
audioman, sir rich is correct. DEI makes viper, clifford, avital, etc. Well on your unit you will should have a port for the 3 and 4 pin harness. Assuming you already used one for the single stage shock sensor, you will keep that intact. Plugging in what you can 3 or 4 pin harness, which harness you DONT use, look for a harness with the same colours (small gauge) and tap into these diode isolating each wire. if you got a pic of the install manual i can verify for you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic