icon

03 silverado alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
red85 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a ProStart 3200 TW into an 03 Silverado and the alarm now goes off when the remote start is triggered.  Do I need to use the factory disarm wire in the door panel to keep this from happening?  The 3200 has a negative trigger factory disarm wire.  Will this be a direct wire to wire connection or is there something more to this that I haven't thought of? 
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
What bypass did you use? If you used the bypasskit.com GMDL-BP there is a wire that you can hook your disarm wire to (PURPLE / white) that will stop this from happening.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
red85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
I used an ADS-TBSL-GM bypass.  There is a factory disarm wire on the 3200 (GREEN / WHITE) and the guide in vehicle wiring section says I need to go into the driver's door and tap into a green wire in the module.  Is that the best way to do this?
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
either go into the door to the driver's door module or use a databus type bypass that will do the disarm through the OBDII
dmielken 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
If you would like to eliminate the need to go into the driver's door, I suggest you go and purchase the ADS-DLSL-GM1. The installation is the same, the only difference is this module will control the factory alarm, as well as all other additional convenience features (heated seats if you have them). You can check the various features and applications HERE
Just search for the ADS-DLSL-GM1. The only thing for you to consider is I believe that particular model of remote start does not have an RS232 connector, so you will have to wire your Arm/Disarm wires into the module manually.
Hope this helps.
red85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Wow that is an awesome bypass module.  I work for CTC so I will see if I have access to it.  I have 3 of the other modules in my install cabinet so once those are gone, I'll likely be ordering some of those in.  Thanks for the heads up.  Much appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic