the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

’03 Dakota, Permanently Disable OEM Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jescism 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to permanently disable the factory alarm in my 2003 Dodge Dakota? I am installing a Python 881 and I think that the factory alarm is causing problems with the car starter part.
Thank you for your time,
Joel
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

Well. It shouldn't cause a problem.

What IS the problem, don't make us guess!

Jescism 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, I will give some more details.
The truck will start using the car starter but shut down after a couple of seconds with the OEM Security Light flashing. I am assuming that this is because of the transponder key.
I programed the 555c and it was working but when I reassembled the truck it now stops and gives me the security light. I'm not sure what happened and I can't take it apart again till tomorrow to check so that's why I was wondering if the OEM alarm had something to do with it?
Like I said, I will check tomorrow. I am curious however if I have to arm and disarm the factory alarm in order to use my aftermarket system?
Thanks,
Joel
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
if i recall correctly the 555c is a pellet type bypass, correct? is it is then it is all about placement, sometimes it has to be exact in order to work. Or if it has an antenna ring then it may the the ring is bad. I know that on the idatalink c2 rings I have had to take them apart and then solder the chip closer to the ign(with every one so far).
Regardless of the issue it is 100% the bypass that is giving you grief not the factory alarm. all the alarm would do is honk the horn when u rs if it is not bypassed.
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ditch the 555c, I hate using those things, they are horrible with the placement of the "pellet" and are just all around unreliable from my experience.
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
perly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
aaronrs4 wrote:
Ditch the 555c, I hate using those things, they are horrible with the placement of the "pellet" and are just all around unreliable from my experience.
yah but ditch it for what? All bypasses I know of for dodge/chryslers are all either pellet/chip/antenna ring(with chip) and they are all equally bad in my opinion.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
perly does have a point, but eventhough they dont have data bypass for all vehicles yet the RF ring is still more reliable than the pellet.
perly 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
perly does have a point, but eventhough they dont have data bypass for all vehicles yet the RF ring is still more reliable than the pellet.
I find that the RF ring is just as bad if not worse then the pellet. Like I said i have had to literally remove the chip and then wire it in the ring directly beside the key cylinder. I just wish that there was some other type of bypass for these vehicles.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
the 555 and 556c's also are notorious for problems if you secure it too tightly, they will emit a signal if tighed too tightly therefore causing problems with the real keys,they are a pain in the ass,trilogix does have ring style bypasses or program a spare key and use a universalkey in the box style
Jescism 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I will get a box and put my spare key in it if I can't get this thing to work.
I don't have the OEM alarm disarming or rearming at all, it's not hooked up. Do I have to hook it into the DEI? Or can I leave it unhooked?
Thanks guys,
Joel
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic