the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

new grand cherokee, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
A friend of mine just picked up a brand new grand cherokee and is looking to possibly put in a starter. She said that she has one of the all plastic keys with the square ends (similar to the mercedes keys). Is there anything special I need to know before taking this on???? Anyone have a diagram for a brand new grand cherokee. I wasnt sure which to put this in.... here or vehicle info request, so if it needs to be moved, thats fine.
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
you need a xk06 with sich1 firmware, and you need to remove ignition from vehicle and take apart and solder ignition, acc, and keysense from module to circuit board
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
you will also need a pkuch2x for the transponder bypass
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
pita.....
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
damn... definately sounds like a PITA. I dont think I'm all that comfortable soldering to a circuit board... looks like I'm going to have to turn this one away.... call me chicken, but its not worth it to me.. lol
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
is it a circuit board that you have a decent amount of room to work with, or is everything so close together that there is a high chance of screwing something up? My biggest issue is that other than some sirius power adapters, i have never soldered directly to a circuit board...and I know that one minor screw up could cause a ton of damage
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have a picture of it in the Astrochart.... Theres not a bunch of room, and it's suggested using a precision soldering tool.

Thats enough for me.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
there's a picture in the online manual at xpresskit.com
follow the link below and look on the 2nd page of the manual
http://www.xpresskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=747
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
you guys should look into Idatalink bypasses. I haven't done one of these cars yet but on the Idatalink install guide it doesn't say anything about taking the ignition out to solder wires in it.
Cris
KarTuneMan 
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

StealthEs wrote:
you guys should look into Idatalink bypasses. I haven't done one of these cars yet but on the Idatalink install guide it doesn't say anything about taking the ignition out to solder wires in it.

You might want to look in to that a bit more.... this set up is like none we have seen before. you need to get ign. and start into the SKIM.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic