icon

prostart ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rfwave 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
today i have a 98 Mazada 626 with a 2way Prostart  remote starter ( from a friends friend of mine ) came to me, he wanted me to fix the problems for him instead of replace of a new unit . when remote start there was only starter  wire has the output and the park light stay on all the time . what was the cause ? i dont know how to deal with this ?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
alright your post doesnt gie enough info. the car cranks but doesnt stay running or the car does NOT crank at all? you migh want to download the install guide so that you can read the diagnostics on that.
rfwave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

crank only , no ignition output , no acc neither , and i couldnt diagnose because the park light stayed on all the time

thanks Ted .

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
did you remove any wires off the ignition harness? the prostart has 6 thick gauge wires for start, ignition, acc, acc 2, ign 2 etc. Now, make sure you didnt blow a fuse for the power input. The reason it has 2 power wires is because one is used for crank and the other power is used to run your acc and ign.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
If the parking lights are staying on, it may be that the onboard relay for the positive parking lights is stuck in the closed position. This can happen with older units and I have seen it a number of times with Autostarts that are about 10 years old and have been used alot. Try tapping the module gently to see if the lights go out. If this is the case, you can open the unit and try cleaning the relay contacts. I would suggest that you should really replace the unit though. If this is the case then it is near the end of it's life expectancy.
sparky
rfwave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
 based on your guys inputs . finally , i asked myself a question why am i doing such as things , spent hours for nothing  ( no $ ) then end up with a new one .  but at least i learned something new and cleared what do & dont .
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
I had this happen to me last week on a prostart 2 way just disconnect the ground wait a few minutes and reconnect it if it still happens then you have a defective unit

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic