icon

eq in pioneer head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
89lxnotchback50 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone, I am kind of new to this forum but have always been around car audio. Anyways my current system is 2 10 T1 rOCKFORD subs and the 115001Bd am rockford 4 channel with power compnents and also the mids are rockford power. My head unit is a Pioneer premier 780mp. So my main question is how to tune my head unit. I have necer had a cd player as complicated as this one.  The equalizer is confusing... can anyone help me figure out what all the different settings are for. for example: like on the 16 band eq there is different settings for sound like 50 125 500 stuff like that... what does all this stuff mean? I really need help because i know that this system has a lot of potential. Thanks everyone any help i can get is going to help. Hope you guys are familar with pioneer. Thanks

Garrett

1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
2 Rockford T110D2
Rockford 15001bd Amp
Rockford 4 channel Set Up
Pioneer DEH-780MP
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Have you ever owned an old EQ with 10 slide controls?
89lxnotchback50 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
No I am trying to get used to the more complicated style of deck. I can hear the difference when adjusting i just want to know what everything adjusts? Also the HPF and LPF slopes? level? stuff like that?
1989 Mustang 5.0 Coupe
2 Rockford T110D2
Rockford 15001bd Amp
Rockford 4 channel Set Up
Pioneer DEH-780MP
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

1: those numbers are going to be the target frequency that you are adjusting. each one is a different frequency and you should be able to adjust them by ear. since everyone hears things differently and every car sounds different, you are going to have to listen and adjust until it sounds good to you.

2: HPF is your high pass filter. basically it allows frequency's above the high pass frequency to go to your speakers while everything else is filtered out. the slope is the amount at which the filtering affects the other frequency's below the high pass frequency,

LPF is your low pass filter. this is for the sub output on the deck and like the high pass works the same way but flipped. only low frequencys are allowed to pass through the sub out while the rest are filtered out. the level adjustment allows you to increase or decrease the sub output.

there should be a faq on this somewhere here but i can't find it right now, i'll post it if i do.

git yer swerve on!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic