the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 791xv not working car will not run

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have a few questions about my Viper alarm. First, my remote went bad a few months ago and I got a new one and have no idea how to program the new remote. The remote has a black P button on the back and I have now idea what to do with the remote because I lost the paperwork on the remote.
Second I needed a new battery for a few weeks and I finally got one and I put the battery in and started it and it worked fine and then I was changing my plugs and the car locked and the blue LED started flashing. I had to unlock the door with the OEM remote and when I open the door the alarm chirped like something hit it. I tried to start the car and nothing all the dash lights come on and stuff but I turn the key and it will not turn over.
The LED flashes 5 times and when you shut the door and tap the car it will chip 8 or 9 times.
I found a button under the dash that has a black and gray wire coming off of it. I have tried to push it in and all that but as soon as I lock the door the LED starts flashing. One time the LED only flashed 3 times instead of 5 but now it went back to 5 times.
I need to know how to program the new remote and the steps to do so also I need to know how I can get my car started again.
Thanks
Wade
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Open the door, turn the key to Ignition and leave it there, press that button once then once more holding it down on the second time, press lock on the remote and your set.
Cris
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
So let me see if I got this right. The viper was armed, you unlocked the car with the factory fob, opened the door and the alarm didn't actually go off? It just chirped a few times? If this is the case, the door trigger is not hooked up or not working correctly, which would prevent you from programming your new remote. You have to have a door trigger connected to DEI alarms to do any programming.
What kind of car do you have? Did you install this, or someone else?
Walkercustoms 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
The button under the dash or the button on the back of the new remote?
I have had the alarm for a while and it was installed at Car Tunes a local shop in my area about 4 years ago. The car is a 2003 SRT-4. The remote when out about a year ago and I just got around to get another one and don't know if not have the alarm working for a long time has messed it up.
THanks
Wade
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
The one under the dash. Mobile1 is right though if you open the door and the Viper doesn't go off you have a problem with the door trigger. You need to address this issue first.
The door triggers were more likely then not connected as the factory alarm/keyless module. You can get to it by take the dash off. Very easy on this car. 2 screws on the sides, pull the side covers off and you'll see them. 2 screws on the center top of dash. If you look in the vent you'll see them at the edges. Don't remember the color but there are 2 triggers there that should be diode isolated from each other.
If you don't really feel like fixing the issue with the trigger. Find the Viper brain, in the main harness you'll see a green wire. Ground that wire then follow that steps I listed before. Make sure you unground the green wire when you are done.
Cris
Walkercustoms 
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
What is the button on the back of the remote for?
So, I turn the car to the on pos. and then push the button once and then push it again and hold it then hit the lock button on the remote? I will try that when I get home.
Thanks
Wade

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic