four 15'' and four 12'' volfanhaag's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

vogey wrote:
ive always been told a cheap sub in a good box will sound better then a good sub in a junk box, and im doin my best to make this box as pefect as i can

I agree with that notion, especially if you're not going for big time SPL.

I think bass is an area you can go pretty cheap on drivers, but build a good enclosure and not suffer significantly vs a woofer 2x or 3x the price.

However - I would guess that with the number of subs you're running SPL IS the goal and you would probably be a lot better off with a pair, or a couple pairs of higher quality subs in big ported enclosures vs trying to cram 8 subs in small sealed enclosures.

If you're NOT going for SPL I have no idea why you're going to the trouble of messing with multiple $50 subs.

greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
n2audio wrote:

If you're NOT going for SPL I have no idea why you're going to the trouble of messing with multiple $50 subs.

if you're going for SPL, multiple $50 drivers is NOT the way to go about it eitherfour 15'' and four 12'' volfanhaag's  - Page 3 -- posted image..

-Matt

n2audio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

not the most common, but they'll get loud

ibasspro 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

My .02, with the $$$ you have, get 2 or 4 MYX 9500 15's off of ebay, forget the 12's & 10's. Build a big wall in the van, with big ports, & the MTX's will will play all day, no blown subs.....ever. Wich (what every1 here is forgeting), cheap subs just will not last. they are built to last 6months to a year. the 9500 are one of the best built subs mass marketed subs, & on ebay they are afordable.....last month I saw 2 for $395!!!!

These subs sound great, & will go very loud & handle tons of power. Yes I know they are rated at 1kwRMS, but they will take much much more. has 2 of them in my CRX & ran 2kw RMS to them daily (demo car for my shop, so it got abused).

Please, do yourself a favor & get a better sub. I think I know what you are after. folks to go HOLY doodieE when they see it, & hear it.

Here is a short list of other 15's you may wanna try for, & usually are found on eBay:

Powerbass XS15D (found in dual 2 & dual 1)

SoundStream T415

Audiobahn Immortal (not the best, & I hate saying it, but they will handle the power, & go loud, we blew a 60+ out of Rick Logans S-10 with 3 of em)

Crossfire MT

RE SX....MAYBE

DD 3515.....MAYBE, both depend on price

really though, don't waste the $$$ on the cheapies, they may play loud today, but folks will laugh when you turn it up, & the subs crap out.

used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic