tach learn.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
inkredibleg 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
How do you do a tach learn.
I have a r/s installed on my 03 nissan altima and the car turns over but it sounds that it turns it over too long cause you can hear it disengage after it has started already for like 3 secs. It stays on for about 4-5 secs then the car turns off on its own. It then turns on and off again two more times.
thanks guys.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  
What is the make and model of your starter?
derekrobi 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I've had this problem on a few cars - what r/s and module are you using?  if its a compustar you want to make sure the switch is still set to tach learn and the button is right next to the blue plug that the antenna goes into, press it once, if the lights flash 1 time it's learned the tach, if they flash 3 times, the tach signal is no good, meter the wire or find another source
inkredibleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
It is a aftermarket generation model aga2501... I guess its made by automate ? I think ?
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
never heard of that model before
do you have the install manual, it should have instructions on tach learn and mabe even crank time settings
derekrobi 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did you install this yourself or is it something that was in the car already?  Reason I ask is there are plenty of inexpensive models out there with a TON of information (any DEI product like Viper or Python or CompuStar product for example) - less than $75 and easier to troubleshoot
inkredibleg 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I do have the manual but it doesn't tell you how to adjust that, it only tells you that the purple white cable goes to either tach,oil,voltage.. and thats about all it says in regards to the tach.
Yes this is something I had installed on my car, I purchased it beacuse it was cheap (inexpensive) but I liked the fact that it came with everything r/s and all and it came with two lcd transmitters.
And yes I know I get what I paid for, but it works great other than the fact that the r/s wont work cause I don't know how to do a tach learn.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic