icon

American Legacy Amplifiers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Luse Cannon 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2002 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
ive been using a 400 watt american legacy amp myself...and i just bought two kenwood 12' s. they are pushing nicely but i know theyre not maxing out yet. im (was) looking to buy a 1200 watt american legacy series II amp some time soon, for the price and too me the 400 watt was doing ok sound wise. now if theyre as bad as yall say they are what about a soundstorm force series amp rated at 103 s/n. and also i was looking at audiomallusa.com. are they a decent place to buy from? hope this wasnt to long but im curious..... 
-keep it gutta...keep it grimy-
mike14 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
i recently purchased a 500 watt legacy amp for two mtx 12's(rms200w, peak-400w).  I have had problems with this amp and now that i have one that is working, the distortion is pretty bad. what kind of amp should i get for these subs that will produce clear sound? 
mike
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

hey velocity what about the amps that say .02 % distortion like the old ppi's those amps were great and that distortion was never heard????? what about extant,mtx, rockford fosgate all there thd ratings are about the same.  ive never heard that just wondering why you said that?/ you can never say an amp was bad beacause the distortion rate was too high i mean the majority of good amps are a bout .02 % distortion and are you saying those are bad? I have seen amps claiming .005 distortion but i would take an amp like an old ppi or a rocford anyday over it. can you clarify this for me

?????????

enuro12 
Copper - Posts: 31
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

Well heres my 2Centz, I just hooked up an Legacy Red Series II amp to 2 1251q Audiobahn subs in a dual bandpass 1cf. And they sound great. I've used several of the legacy series and it seems that the series II (not the red seriesII) do a desent job on cheap subs, 8" and 10" in bandpass. And the red series II do a desent job too. Just dont buy the american leagcy series! Of couse if you are after real power listen to the guys above this post

but if you want cheap clean power (rember you cant expect a Audiobahn sound out of a Legacy amp) then legacy RED SERIES isent a bad way 2 go. i sell the red series like theyre hot cakes its probly cause the 1800w amp is only $200.

Chuck,
tech junky
padawan 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2002 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

I have an American Legacy 300W amp pushing my MTX 10" in a box...

Sounds sweet...I mean it's not competition audio, but it knocks...I don't notice distortion unless I turn up the gain high, which I don't since the 1st day I hooked it up...I mean, I can still set off car alarms :)

I have had it for a year, not a thing gone wrong...yet.

buggybumper 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2002 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

I also sell American Legacy and have few returns.  I think that the best investment is in crossovers and if you clean out all the noise your subs can't play then they sound good.  I've never been a competitor but I have seen enough numbers from all the different amps and know that you can flush most of that stuff.  I have been impressed with junk and depressed with quality (go figure).  Most of this car audio stuff is try it and see.  I can put together systems that I think rock and the next guy thinks sucks (and vica-verse) so beauty is all in the listener.  I just put a pair of 15 Volfenhags with a Legacy Red 1800 and its so darn loud I now have to upgrade the mids and tweets. 

just another 2 cents with change back

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic