the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1996 suzuki sidekick, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

Got a call today (a referral from a shop) from a gent that wants remote start keyless security on this rig. There IS a slight language barrier, so it was a tough call. He states this rig has power door locks, factory power locks..... 1 switch on the drivers door (that controlls ONLY the drivers door) And 1 switch on the pass. door, you guessed it, only controls the pass. door. He also claims that the rear doors are not power. Is this even possible? All of the tech info shows lock and unlock in the drivers kick. I'm going to look at this rig Sat. afternoon. Got the flu, so I'm not leavin the house.

Anyone have any insight on the seemingly oddball setup?1996 suzuki sidekick, remote start - Last Post -- posted image. The guys gonna drop a load after I give him an estimate on actuators and hatch release remote start security manual trans. I don't think he know what he's gettin into. Love to take his money.1996 suzuki sidekick, remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
From what I could dig up from pictures of door panels of this truck on acutions on ebay, the back doors are not power. only have one switch, for the windows. and from the looks of it, it does look like it has switches for both fronts on the drivers door. I pulled up 4 different wiring diagrams on it, and all said l/ul in drivers kick.
Should be fun!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

rudydapump....right on!          I hope this thing has some sort of boot in the door jamb, I hate having to figure out a way to make things look neat and tidy! Thanks for the input.

I'm hoping that his lack of tech savey, and the communication road block are the only problems.

How about that back door?

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
some of them have power windows, so i would have to think that they have jamb boots. Ive been scrolling through almost 300 of them on cardomain to try to find a pic of the jamb, but who really takes a pic there.
and the back door,i think only has a lock and a handle. much like wranglers do. but the sidekick and tracker are basically the same thing, at least the wiring is and most of the parts are.
Hope this helps. on a side note, through my research, I have found that majority of people who own sidekicks do some very stupid things to them.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have found that majority of people who own sidekicks do some very stupid things to them.

I couldn't agree with you more completely.

KarTuneMan 
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Remember that communication barrier I mentioned..... The switches on the doors that only controlled the individual doors. 1996 suzuki sidekick, remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

Standard door locks... pull it up, it's unlocked, push it down, the doors locked. WoW.....

97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Remember that communication barrier I mentioned..... The switches on the doors that only controlled the individual doors. 1996 suzuki sidekick, remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

Standard door locks... pull it up, it's unlocked, push it down, the doors locked. WoW.....

hahaha!!  I was thinking they were some weird aftermarket doorlock setup.  Geez!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic