icon

is this a passlock 2 problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
10tore 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

I am new to passlock but have installed six remote starts over the years. 

the car is mf girlfriends 04 alero

car will rs with key in ignition and in the acc or run postion.

i have checked wiring and all seems good bypass is 555L

with no key car attempts start (no crank although everything gets 12v) and you can hear click click click under hood its a quiet sound like a relay not the starter

I am going back out now to test again in case i am missing something but any advice would help as i am starting to get frustrated.

the unit is 2w900fm as i used tach sense and all that is hooked up now is the starter wires no locks, trunk,etc.

do you think it sounds like passlock 2 problem or me missing a wire?

thank you for any help.

I'll drink to that!
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like a passlock issue, what is the blue wire from the 555L hooked up to?

git yer swerve on!
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you are having a problem with the keysense. Make sure those wires are connected properly. Also, that bypass module needs to be programed
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
I would start by checking the following:
1. During remote start attempts, does the "SECURITY" light come on steady, and then go out? If so, Passlock is good.......if Passlock were bad, the light should be flashing.
2. During remote start attempts, do the heater and all dash lights come on? Also, put a test light/meter on all of the car's ignition/accessory/start wires while trying the remote start.
I'd lean toward #2, that one or more circuits isn't being powered up. It could be either a faulty connection, or one of the two fuses for the remote start is blown.
One of the two heavy red wires for the remote starter feeds the circuitry of the brain, as well as a couple of circuits (every brand is a little different), and the other wire feeds just some of the other outputs......if that one is blown, the remote starter will turn on, but not power everything up.
10tore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

"1. During remote start attempts, does the "SECURITY" light come on steady, and then go out? "  --------yes

"2. During remote start attempts, do the heater and all dash lights come on? Also, put a test light/meter on all of the car's ignition/accessory/start wires while trying the remote start."  ---------tested mulitiple times, find nothing out
"I'd lean toward #2, that one or more circuits isn't being powered up. It could be either a faulty connection, or one of the two fuses for the remote start is blown."         -------------- I agree but fuses are good and test check out
One of the two heavy red wires for the remote starter feeds the circuitry of the brain, as well as a couple of circuits (every brand is a little different), and the other wire feeds just some of the other outputs --- yes i agree but they aprear to be good

i thank you for your help i know its probably very simple and i keep looking that way, I probably have my head up my butt and am hoping someone can set me straight.

I am going to keep thinking until i get it also

if i pull the key once remote started it continues to run. for the 15 mins

Thank you for your help everyone please keep ideas coming if you have a suggestion.

I'll drink to that!
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
What wires at the ignition harness do you have hooked up? You should have 2 ignitions (pink, and green) and you should have 2 accy wires (orange, and brown) My guess is you don't have one of these powered up.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
There is also the possibilty you have the starter kill hooked up improperly. The yellow/black wire goes toward the key cylinder, the yellow goes toward the starter.
10tore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

yes i have it narrowed down to my problem

my connections are pink ing1 to green

green ing2 to  blue off prewired relay -----coil -green ignition output connector 2

orange to white acc

brown to relay ----------coil- acc output white black connector 2

I'll drink to that!
10tore 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you everyone for you help.  it was a case of head up a**.  when i tested i thought orange was ignition and green was acc.  i get in hurry sometimes and it always leads to troubleshooting and more time not that big of deal since i dont do it for other people but still need to work on it.

again sorry for wasting anyone's time and thank you for your help especially  chris and mobile1 for your detailed respones. 

This is my 2nd compustar install and i love both of them.  The 3rd one goes in my 99 GMC next week hopefully it goes smooth.

my 93 s10 --2wss

girlfriends 04 alero --2w900fm

and next week my 99 GMC --pro2wfm

this place is great and thanks for taking time to help people like me.

I'll drink to that!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic