the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

dei, compustar, easycar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

hey, as you might have seen my comments on DEI and COmpustar in another thread, i just had a question. I have used DEI and compustar befor and i must say i love the compustar line. Im currently using the P2W900FM-AS. im planning to grab one for my aunt, but i have three options to pick from and they all 180. i have a friend hooking me up. So, which should i get?

1) Viper 791xv

2) Compustar 2WSSR-AS
3) Easycar 502

thanks !

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Out of the 3 you have listed... in my opinion, there is only 1 choice. Compustar.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I've had very little experience with compustar.  All I do are viper/python.  Hardly ever fail but if you love compustar why ask the question??  BTW 10 sec delay on DEI??? I personally like the DEI relay pack and the long lock/unlock wiring(compustar are short...i know you can make them longer)  On the other hand I do like the extra ouputs that the compustar units have.  If I were you I would stick with the compustar unless you can get it cheaper.
luckytii7 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have the 791 in one of my cars and dont care much for the range or the remote draining batteries. i have the 2w900 in my truck and its great.(compustar figured out the lock/unlock wire problem this year and extended them) also the onboard relays except 2nd acc,ign,start is pretty nice because the rats nest is to a min. (i hate crappy looking installs even if there functional) when i do an install you almost cant tell that it has a rs becides the antenna so thats why i like compustar .ive never used easycar and havent heard a whole lot about them

My 2 cents

Is there something specific your looking for?

The greatest revenge is living well and showing it
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
well not really. i infact do like the compustar line, but its not for me; its for my aunt. and i just wanted to get some opinions on what would be best bang for the buck. and also this is a 2005 nissan altima v4
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have the 2WSS and I love it. It's an upgrade from my previous unit (791XVL).
Cris
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Another thing, I sure your Aunt isn't going to have fun replacing the battery on the 791 every week like mine.
Cris
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
I've had very little experience with compustar.  All I do are viper/python.  Hardly ever fail but if you love compustar why ask the question??  BTW 10 sec delay on DEI??? I personally like the DEI relay pack and the long lock/unlock wiring(compustar are short...i know you can make them longer)  On the other hand I do like the extra ouputs that the compustar units have.  If I were you I would stick with the compustar unless you can get it cheaper.

they made those wires longer with the cm5 series that is going to be released soon!

"dont ground out!"
tedmond 
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
yea i do agree the wires are short, but hey it doesnt take long to use the scrap wires and join it with some solder and shrink wrap. i guess ill go with the compustar. thanks for the input ! appreciate it. btw. should i use the Fortin Can-SL2 or should i use the iDataLink module. I know those are two available on the market, but what is better. and i can flash them with the proper firmware.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic