bazooka

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mlegge 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I am quite new to this, which is apparent from the purchase of a bazooka self amplified system. Anyways, it was on sale and I figured why not. I am attempting to install the Bazooka TA850C self amplified system using a Blaupunkt Bahamas MP34 head unit. I am okay with the power aspect of the subwoofer. I don't know what wires to hook onto the signal wires. On the amplifier/sub harness, i can use either the two RCA plugs, or speaker style wires (+left/-left and +right/-right). The head unit says that it has 4 Channel preamp (2v) output but there are no jacks on the front or rear of the unit. The wire harness hooked up to the stereo has a lot of extra wires and I assume those are probably the ones to hook up to, I just don't know which colours are what. I am sorry for the complete ignorance of this post. I did read other posts but did not catch on.
I really appreciate the help.
Stereo Specs:
http://www.blaupunkt.com/au/7643194510_main.asp
Subwoofer Specs:
http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_10377_Bazooka+TA850C.html
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
If your headunit has pre amp outputs  there will be red and white RCA jacks. Youll want to get RCA cables and run those back to your amps RCA inputs. Also if your headunit has pre amp outputs, there will be a remote turn on wire. In mostly all headunits, thats either a solid blue or blue/white wire. Youll want to run that wire back to the amps remote input. Youll then run a power cable from your battery (make sure you fuse it under the hood) to the power input on your amp. Ground the ground input to the chassis.
mlegge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Thank you for your help!
My head unit doesn't have any RCA jacks! I don't understand it either. In the menu, there is an option to turn the AUX on and off as well. There are no RCA jacks on the unit though. I am not sure if the wiring for the preamp output requires another harness or if it one of the extra wires coming out of the existing harness.
Would it be possible to connect it into the rear speakers? It comes with speaker style wires...
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. Its high level inputs. You run your amp off your rear speakers. Im not sure how to install those though because I have never had to use high level inputs. Does anyone else know how to hook high level inputs to the speakers?
mlegge 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
hey, i think i just tie them in directly, it touches on it in the manual. I just wasn't sure about the amp output for my head unit. It probably requires an extra harness. I found one that helps me to hook my iPod through a headphone jack. I am going to hook up through the high level inputs. I bought an extended warranty because the sub was only 40 bucks so I am actually hoping to blow it up and have them upgrade for me...
we'll see
hahaha...
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
purchase a High to Low output converter. it will convert your standard speaker wiring out to preamp RCA cables.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

true tedmond. doesnt that still wire to the speakers but just connects to the amp rca's?

audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

If I'm not mistaken, your deck has the RCA outputs built into a wire harness which plugs into the back of the deck.  Double check the box it came in, or of course take the high level approach.  Good luck!

Jason

2003 Dodge Neon R/T
Alpine CDA9813, RF T2000.1bd, RF T162S, RFT142C, RF T600.4, RF T215D4
140.7 @ 28Hz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic