icon

zapco vs audison

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  

would you consider Audison to be in the same class as Zapco? As far as performance goes. Im not sure whether i should go with the Zapco DC amp or the Audison LRx amp.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
EITHER of those are both top-shelf amplifiers. Absolutely, both in the same class!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

HAHA, I wondered if I'd EVER hear names like those on this forum or not. I am very plesantly suprised.

Either one would do you fine by the way zapco vs audison -- posted image.., but personally, I'd go with the Zapco piece because of the onboard processing they have. Very top notch. I'm not sure if the Audison has it or not, but again I'm not sure; but they are really in the same class(up top)

Good choice either way.

-Matt

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

greenbroncoguy wrote:
I wondered if I'd EVER hear names like those on this forum or not. I am very plesantly suprised

What does that mean?

theterminator wrote:

would you consider Audison to be in the same class as Zapco? As far as performance goes. Im not sure whether i should go with the Zapco DC amp or the Audison LRx amp.

Here, I would base my decision on the outstanding sound processors the Zapco's are equipped with.  Not sure of your planned wiring scheme, but the xovers on the zapco's look to have some serious flexability - enough for bi-wriing componets, perhaps dedicated midbass - all kinds of neato schemes look possible with the Zapco's that the Audison doesn't look to reproduce with its standard hi-pass and lo-pass xovers.  External active xovers like that are expensive and a pain to wire.  I really can't tell how much I like onboard xovers like that ...

And, IMO, the Zapco's are simply better *looking* amplifiers.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

[quote=greenbroncoguy] I wondered if I'd EVER hear names like those on this forum or not. I am very plesantly suprised

What does that mean?

[quote=theterminator]

Nothing derogitory whatsoever, don't get me wrong. It's just that usually on here it's people asking which Alpine/Rockford/Kenwood/Sony they should get, and there's never much discussion on high-end gear. I know this is because this is what is common and it's what fills the bigbox stores, but still...

Continue on zapco vs audison -- posted image.

theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for everyones opinion. Im sure ill be happy with either amp. The Zapco is only 50 dollars more so it might just be worth the extra bucks to get that one.  O and the rep for Zapco told me that their amp produce about 1600 to 1700 RMS. So thier underated. Do you think my sub would be able to handle this power and what amp do you think would fit my sub the best.?  I have a 15 inch TC-3000 wired at 1.5 ohm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic