icon

tilt sensor when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, so do you think the sensor being placed there would be ok? I dont have any other way to protect the lid itself other than putting in a pin switch which I will not do.

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Why no pin switch they aren't that bad. But you could still use the tilt sensor it shouldn't be a problem i've never personally done it though
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
With the way the trunk in, I would have to mount the pin switch on a bracket and mount the bracket somewhere. It would just be a pain in the butt. Atleast with the tilt sensor, I can protect 2 areas with 1 sensor. I mean yea I could put in a pin switch, but I already ordered the tilt sensor so it will be installed either way. So my choices are to put in pin switch and mount tilt sensor in the cab, or forget the pin switch and mount tilt in trunk. Plus I dont know of someone else that has tried this before. Maybe i will start a trend  lol
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
well the way i would do it is use the domelight to watch the doors, using trunk light and diode isolate them with the door trigger then add the additional tilt sensor inside the cabin under dash on a nice leveled surface.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
I already tried tapping into the trunk light. I was told to tap into the orange black wire running to the light. When I spliced into it, I lost light completly. And I think I have a mercury switch so I dont think it would work anyways. Just one question though.. What would be the difference between putting it in the cabin on a level surface and putting it on the underside of the trunk?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I got my tilt sensor yesterday and It says to run the power wire to the ground when armed output on the alarm. Now that wire is a negative ouput so would I just make a relay to convert polarity? Another thing.... Does anyone have or know anything about Skytec's microwave sensor? I got that yesterday also and I have no clue how to work it. It came with no instructions
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic