icon

dei 530t window rollup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaybizz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
i was putting a 530t on a 1995 nissan maxima sunroof and the problem is when the alarm arms the sunroof closes and then tilts up. the wiring was done at the motor instead of the switch due to the switch operates only when the ignition is on. anyone have a solution to this problem without using pulse timers. holla back
alarm king
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Bad news man. You'll need to add a limit switch which pulses the 530T to stop when the roof is closed. I've used DEI's self adhesive micro-magnetic switches with success or see how you can install a micro switch.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to provide power to the sunroof motor control unit in the car and then use the OEM switches.  I've done this on several G35s with very good results.  I always diode isolate my power from the car power, and I only apply power when I want the sunroof to work, so everything will stay OEM like when you're done.
Kevin Pierson
Big Dog 
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
I agree 100% but that would require pulse timers which he wanted to stay away from. Probably due to the fact that he already has the module.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Using pulse timers at the motor is bad.  Using pulse timers at the OEM switch is OK.  I was assuming he would be OK with using pulse timers at the OEM switch.
Kevin Pierson
Big Dog 
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly.
jaybizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
well u see the thing is i tried to use the 530t at the switch first but the problem with that is the switch only works with the ignition on. so i could get the sunroof to work but only when the car is remote started. i really want to be able to do it with the car off. the main reason i don't want to use a pulse timer is because i live in New York and the climate changes all the time so i don't want a case where the motor moves slower in the cold weather and doesn't close all the way and it rains or snows and the inside of my car get soaked. i have all 3 of my 530t's individually powered already away from the alarm. any suggestion?
alarm king
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

What kind of system did you install? Because if you have any more aux channels maybe 2 you could use one to power the switch wire as kpierson mentioned and use the other aux to send ground to trigger a relay to send ignition to the motor. Now if it is a dei system you can set the channel for validity and just hold the button down to the sunroof closes. Now you may want to just use the oneaux to trigger both the switch and power the ignition which is probably your best bet seeing as you would probably need to hold to different buttons down in order to close the sunroof.

This is how the relays should be wired up

85 aux out from alarm diode isolated            85 aux out from alarm diode isolated

86 and 87 to fused 12 volt                                86 to fused 12 volt

87a car side of igntion feed at motor             87 to chassis ground

30 motor side                                                     30 to trigger at switch

Now the second relay may vary but i'm pretty sure the trigger at the switch should be negative

jaybizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
i'm using the new prestige xr9000. yeah i thought about using another channel for this but i'm tryin to avoid that. i want it to work with the other 4 windows. i heard about a module called twindows, have you heard of it. if you have do you know who manufactures it. also i was thinking about the same wires for the 530t that i'm using to control the up and the down to add 2 relays so when ground is sent to go up or down the relay throws power to the switch acting like ignition. i don't know i'm still trying to find the best way to do it because its my car and i just want it done right. even if i have to wait to research the right module. thanks for the info though. let me know if you think of anything else. thanks again.
alarm king
jaybizz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
i figured it out guys, using 3 relays and 2 diodes. thanx for the help.
alarm king

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic