icon

ignition wire, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jb242023 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2008 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys this is my first post. anyways im having some real trouble with a remote start i bought. i have everything but the doorlocks and the horn hooked up right now. ok the problem is that the ignition wire is causing the antitheft to activate if i dont have it hooked up i can start my excursion remotely with the key turned to the on position by the way im not using the key with the ignition wire hooked up and i am using a bypass i have actually bought 2 and neither one of them are working but i think its because of the ignition if there is anybody out there who could help i would greatly appreciate it ps sorry for the long post
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
It is the anti theft giving you a problem and not the ignition wire. The transponder has to be overridden with a module or a key in box set up. If you use a module you may require both master keys to get into program mode via ignition cylinder. You must power ignition circuit to power fuel pump and ignition coils, and power the accessory for heat/AC. To program bypass for PATS I insert valid ignition key and turn to run and wait for the LED on module to turn on then turn off. It should then program module to the truck.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
jb242023 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
i actually have 2 bypasses one is the universal key in the box and the other is the pkf1 single key programming module. after i posted last night i checked the wiring again and the ignition wire from the remote start was wired to the harness with the tx/rx cables and not the ignition harness. that was causing the antitheft to trip so i swithed that wire and now the antitheft doesnt trip when i crank it but it wont start i have been able to remote start with the key in the run postion but thats it. when i get home i am gonna try out the pkf1 again maybe now that i think i have the right wires hooked up it will work better than the universal
jb242023 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
ok so now i have the pfk1 installed it is working good (no theft light flashing rapidly) i can still only remotely start with the key in and on the on position. its almost like the fuel pump isnt coming on. anybody have any ideals. by the way i have learned the tach and tried switching the tx/rx wires
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Check and double check ALL heavy gauge wires going to the ignition switch, you may be missing one or have an ignition powered as an accessory etc.
Check your TX/RX wires - follow the diagram that came with the PFK1.
Follow the directions to reset the PKF1 and then follow the directions to program it to the truck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic