autostart as1584sh

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pipodayo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2008 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi !
I have an autostart AS-1584SH installed on my Subaru Forester 2003 . I lost and re-buy an used remote (FCC ID = NAHRS5304) that I can't program because I don't have the install guide . This starter model is not on the Autostart website and I can't get help from them (tried email and phone...) . So my question is : do you know how to program the remote ? Maybe someone has the install guide pdf ?
thanks for helping a newbie !
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Most of the DEI products that I install follow the same procedure for programming new remotes. Maybe Autostart is the same?
Autostart has their manuals listed on their site. Here. They however do not specifically list the model number you list. I read through a couple of their manuals and they all listed the same procedure for programming a remote:
How to Program the Transmitter.
1. FLASH the Hood Pin Switch.
Before the 20 seconds have passed, turn the Ignition Key to the IGNITION ON (RUN) position.
Turn the IGNITION to OFF.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button until the vehicle gives 5 flashes. The Module has
stored the Transmitter in its memory.
3. Close the Hood, to exit.
Give it a shot
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
pipodayo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the link but my model (1584) is not listed :(
It seems that my car doesn't have a hood pin switch . I checked on the autostart module and didn't find it .
I found a 'valet' switch inside but it doesn't seem to work .
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

autostart as1584sh -- posted image.

dragon
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
autostart as1584sh -- posted image.
dragon
pipodayo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks for the tip . Is it possible that I don't have a hood pin switch ? because I really can't find it !
red85 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Reach under the dash and find the 5 wire medium harness on the Autostart unit and grab the grey wire.  Ground it through a switch (any NC momentary switch will do).  Once your switch is connected, just follow the flash procedure and you'll be fine.  I have done this dozens of times with a spare hood pin switch that I keep in my toolbox with a long test lead on it. 
red85 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Just in case here's the procedure to flash the pin.  Hold the switch open for 5 seconds.  Release it and then open the switch briefly.  Your park lights should come on.  You are now in programming mode.  The key to run and then shut it off and remove the key.  Hold the lock button on the remote until the lights flash.  remove the ground.  Now you're done.
pipodayo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
As I didn't had the time to find the ground wire (and didn't want to make a mistake...) I took my car to a Lebeau car center (Montreal) to get my remote programmed. The technician told me I couldn't program the remote because the LED is different (green on the old, red on the new -used- remote) .
It's weird because both have the same FCC ID: NAHRS5304 // CAN2686 1021 782 A. Do you know if it's true?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
i doubt it. a transmitter is a transmitter, it just programs to the brain and if the two sync then it should be good to go.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic