icon

no parking light flash

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dion wallace 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a carbine model:plus 4800 in my son's 2006 toyota tacoma prerunner extended cab. the alarm is working with the exception of the parking lights will not flash when arming or disarming. I have a question, where should I wire the pink parking light relay input?
Dion Wallace
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Parking Lights     GREEN     (+)     AT VEHICLE FUSE PANEL
the unit has an input and an output? The input will go to 12v+ constant source with main unit. Then it will send 12v+ to parking light wire.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
dion wallace 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
The idiot wired the input as you suggested, still does not work. By the way I have been a auto tech for twenty years,& yes I know how to wire a relay.
Dion Wallace
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
That is Techman's signature, he was not calling you an idiot, nor was he asking if he had to tell you again how a relay works.
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
Did you test to make sure you are hooking the remote start wire up to the proper wire on the vehicle. I know that those truck have quite a few green wires on the fuse box
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
dion wallace 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

I have the pulsed parking light relay output wired to the 13 pin plug pin #10 in the fuse box. I have back probed this wire with my power probe & it  runs the parking light. I need a wiring diagram that shows the parking light circut & parking light relay location.

Dion Wallace
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I think their is also a negative switched wire at the parking light switch if you were to just switch the input on the alarm to negative then you could go to that wire i beleive it is a black wire. Sorry i dont have access to those types of diagrams. That alarm you installed has a relay that you have to wire up to run the parking lights? I have never seen that before. I have done a lot of remote starts an alarms but i only installed dei an audiovox. Now im not tryn to question your knowledge but did you double check the relay wiring. is it clicking when you activate the alarm?
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

tapping into the GREEN @ Fuse box is the correct wire. i suggest you check the output of the alarm or remote start and see if the output is fried or just not working properly.

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I should write in my signature "if your an auto tech please ignore prior quote"
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
dion wallace 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have found a wiring diagram for the parking lights.The RED / white pulsed parking light relay output wire that I have wired to the parking light switch some how does not seem right,but in the installation manual it calls for this set up.When I traced the wiring down, the green wire that comes off the light switch goes to the body ECU pin 13, the wire that goes to the parking light relay pin 19. I changed the wiring & I still have no parking light flash. I have checked the output wire & have no signal ground coming out of the brain.
Dion Wallace
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic