icon

2005 tahoe heated seats, 571xp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nei00755 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Python 571xp with a 457GW bypass module.  The tahoe I installed it in has dual heated seats.  I didn't hook anything up to activate the heated seats, but when I remote started it this morning and I came out to it and both the driver and passenger seat where turned on low.....Also as a side note if you manually turn these seats on they automatically go to high then medium then low.  So what I am saying is, if the remote start was activating these seats somehow it would have to pulse it a couple times.  I can't seem to replicate the problem now of course but am not sure what to think of it.  Does anyone know if GM has a built in sensor for maybe it being too cold out and the seats would automatically turn on low just to heat them up a little.  I am in minnesota and it wasn't that cold last night, maybe 20 degrees or so.  I am a a little concerned, more for if it keeps happening that maybe they would turn on in the summer....that would suck!.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Jeff
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
I am to understand that the unit triggeres the hot seats when the temp  goes below (what ever the temp is) when remote started.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't installed a 457GW, but refer to the manual. It probably activates the heated seats whenever it's cold enough, just like the Trilogix XK01.
nei00755 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
The manual that came with it does not tell me anything about the heated seats.  I hope that is the case because otherwise I have an issue with the unit.  Thanks for the responses, and if anyone knows 100% that this is caused by the module and it is normal, and also what temp it would kick the seats on or not would be helpful.  Thanks.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
The 457G does not have the ability to turn on the heated accessories. I have to swap out a 457G for a XK01 in a truck that the seats do not come on in.
Your truck is what is controlling this feature. It is not mentioned in any manuals that I have come across, but it's a feature of the higher end trucks. If you go out to your truck when the interior temperature is lower than 32F and start it with the key you will see that the heated seats will turn themselves on low. Most of the time a vehicle owner does not know this is a feature of the vehicle because when it is that cold out, they turn the seats on out of habit.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
albertatech 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Heated seat will only turn ON at low power only if engine tempurature is below 0oC when vehicle is started

Tested and all functions verified

From the Tahoe 2005 information direct from directed.

This is in fact normal.

albertatech 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

Its in the small print under the "457G vehicle application chart" - Page 4.

nei00755 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds good.  I went out and tried it and the seats did not come on and its about 20 degrees here today.  I am assuming there is a delay timer before they turn on.  I only waited about 2 minutes.
albertatech 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

Im not sure on a timer or not, its been a while since Iv used those. They Upgraded to the 1700G a while ago and then, sometime after we started using the XK01's and idatalink modules. It should do your seats though. Good luck.

P.S. I have had a couple guys complain about it not working properly but Im not entirely sure why, it could be a timer or, more likely, since its the engine temp it reads not the cab, the engine wasnt cold enough. Manual hookup is more reliable where possible.

nei00755 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
very true, I was assuming cab temp., that would make more sense why they may have not turned on right away because I drove it until 7:30 this morning and tried the key thing after lunch but its possible it had not cooled down enough yet.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic