flip down screen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dodge_ss/t 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

hello

im new to the forums and have a question, can some one please give me detailed instructions for installing a flip down screen where and over head consol would be. I don't have one in my truck so I thought ide put a screen there. I really need help with how to mount it explained so that a 5year old could understand. lol i was hoping not to have to remove my headliner.

truck is a 2000 dodge ram rag. cab. 

thanks

luckytii7 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

You will have to at least drop the headliner down so you can fit your hand 2/3 the way across. the flipdowns that i install are light enough for the molded headliner to support but if yours is heavy than you have to attach the mounting plate to something solid up there. heres how i do it: hold the unit up to the ceiling and stare at it for a while and figure out where it will be best suited. now look at the mounting holes on the unit and put masking tape on the headliner where the holes will be. hold the unit up there again (measure and measure again) and mark the holes (pen if it will fit or poke holes with a small punch) now drop the headliner down so you can get in there. drill the holes the size of the screws where you marked them(just the headliner and not the roof its not a cheap fixflip down screen -- posted image.)put the mounting plate up in the headliner and hold the unit up to the holes. put the screws in and thats it to mount it.

do yourself a favor and bribe a buddy to help you cuz 4 hands is way better than 2 if youve never done this.

wiring is usally power  and ground

The greatest revenge is living well and showing it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic