the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 civic aftermarket radio not fitting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I am working on a 2002 Civic EX and I have all wires ran for the amps and all that.  Well I wired the radio up ( Phase Liner UV8 ) and when I go to put the deck back in the back of the radio is hitting this big metal pipe in the back.  I tested fitted another deck just a cd player not a fiipout like the UV8 and some thing the radio is hitting this pipe and the dash will not stap back in.  Is there something special I have to do to get the dash to back in? 

Thanks

Wade

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
try using a spacer with your mounting kit also make sure your wires are running down an not getting pinched behind the radio. those indashes usually come with a lot of wires sticking out the back they tend to make it a hasel to install those. How did you hook up your brake wire? If you google uv8 brake wire code you can find directions to go into the radios internal programing and turn the brake wire signal off completely.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

corrysmtx wrote:
If you google uv8 brake wire code you can find directions to go into the radios internal programing and turn the brake wire signal off completely.
  This is a) illegal in most areas, b) stupid as hell to do cause you are supposed to be driving and not watching a movie and finally c) an easy way to get banned from this site

Don;t be an idiot and just hook up the e-brake wire.

Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

It is not my car and I am not going to have somebody kill them themselves or anybody else so I just hooked the wire up the way needs to be so it will only come on when parked.  Its the radio that is hitting the bar not the wires I checked several times and it is the radio not the wires.

Thanks

Wade

corrysmtx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry i wasnt tryn to cause any problems it was just something i came across. Thank you for informing me that those posts are not allowed. Wont happen again.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
corrysmtx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry to keep posting but what about the spacer most metra kits come with a spacer that will give you another quarter inch of room.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic