icon

08 silverado lock out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zadoroz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

I am doing a cellular carkit install, which I have a done a number of times on the new LAN chevy's. I use the fuse under the hood #54 (SEO/ALC) for my accessory power. the only thing i can think of that i did different this time, was possibly pull this fuse with the ignition on. And I really don't think i even did that. I unhooked the Battery and left for hours. tried relearning the keys and the theft lock light would not go off after 20 mins with the ignition on. the factory key fobs do nothing. the stereo does not come on. the AC/heater does. the dash lights come on if the hood is shut, sometimes when it is open. I think there is a trigger there. the lockes work with the switch. checked all fuses. any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Scott

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
you prbly checked already but did you make sure that the fuse isnt blown or that it is pushed all the way back into the fuse holder. The description of the problem sounds to me like the symptoms of a bad fuse. Although with a car that new it could possibly be anything. With the electronics in cars getting smaller and smaller these days it really doesnt take much to fry out a bcm or an ecm do you use a test light or a dmm?
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
zadoroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

I dont think it is a pk3 lock out situation anymore. I think it is a module or a fuse. main reason b/c the factory key fob isnt working. On the information screen on the speedometer it shows three warnings: air bag, 4 wheel drive, and tire system all need serviced. the key fob has the factory rs, but i dont know if it is equipped with it or not. Truck won't crank. Radio wont come on. I checked the ign, acc, constant off the key cylinder. Put a good charge on the Batt last night. Fixin to call local chevy dealership and have it towed. not happy about it.

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
i wouldnt be either
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
by chance did you check the 12V and accesory input to the PK3 module?
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
zadoroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
PK3 module? The factory one? I have no idea where that is. I am not installing a r/s. I am having a guy come over to pull the codes. I think the BCM needs to be reset and hopefully I am good.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
What did you find out was it a fuse or the ecm that was causing your problem.. I am going to work on one of these this weekend..
zadoroz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
oh, i wouldnt be too worried about it. I think only I have the gift to screw something up this badly. Even though, I am not even sure what I did. None of the modules were online when we used the scan tool. I had 2 different mechanics look at it. Its still in my shop. the vehicle wasnt purchased at our local Chevy dealership, so they will take a while to look at it. I am now working on data wires below the hood fuse box connected to the Obd plug. the tech said there is one data wire that connects all the modules throughout the truck. I am working on finding which module is not coming on and preventing the others to come on.
johnson73801 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

did you figure it out yet?

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

zadoroz wrote:
I am working on finding which module is not coming on and preventing the others to come on.

It's more likely the other way around. Because a module is sending endless data, the other modules cannot communicate.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic