icon

what music do you listen to?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering what you guys listened to...sorry i'm bored and I wanted to post.
Does anyone around here listen to Dispatch. They are the doodie. I know most of you bass heads like Jeezy and Gorilla Zoe, but what about you sq guys. Any good vocalists, etc. you would recommend to try out on our new killer audio systems?
Honestly I just really want to know what the12volt and DYohn listen to. Don't use this post to put down on other music. Just want to know what you guys listened to. :)
Oh and i finally ordered my system--Diamond Audio Hex with the silk tweeter comps, two eclipse sw8200s, kicker zx 1500 watt and eclipse ea4000 (150 wattsx2 bridged.), and eclipse 3100 head unit, 1.5 sealed two chamber box. haven't heard it yet bcs its not all in but i'm about to make an ass pattie just waiting.
wow no one will reply to this.
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

Mostly black metal. Some death metal. Some Crap er, ...rap.

GROWL........

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Mostly rap hip hop, country, rock, whatever sounds good.
I'm not really a lyrics person, I never listen to what the artist is saying lol...if it sounds good and has a good rhythm and beat I like it lol
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Me?  A pretty wide variety, actually.  My iPod currently contains many different types of music ranging from Gershwin to old school punk to metal to ska to rap to country to 60's rock to modern alternative rock and jazz.  If it's music, I listen to it.
Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a recent random iPod play list:

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow (Single Version) : Frank Zappa

Long Time Gone : Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Moon River : Henry Mancini
Is This Love : Bob Marley & The Wailers
Love Ain't For Keeping : The Who
Knights In Shining Karma : XTC
Schism : Tool
American Idiot : Green Day
You Look Like I Need A Drink : Against Me!
Trollin' : The Stooges
Beat On The Brat : The Ramones
Who Do You Love : The Band With Ronnie Hawkins
Milk It : Nirvana
Cry Baby : Janis Joplin
Concierto De Aranjuez (Part Two Ending) : Miles Davis
San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) : Scott McKenzie
Waiting For The Worms : Pink Floyd
Owner of a Lonely Heart : Yes
With A Little Help From My Friends : The Beatles
N.S.U. : Cream
Like Humans Do: David Byrne
Shine: Lisa Marie Presley
Song for the Deaf: Queens of the Stoneage
You Never Give Me Your Money: The Beatles
3121: Prince
Scapegoat: Fear Factory
Alone: Buckcherry
Sophisticated Lady: The Duke Ellington Orchestra
The KKK Took My Baby Away: The Ramones
Mahk Jchi (Heartbeat Drum Song): Robbie Robertson and the Red Road Ensemble
Walls (Fun In The Oven): Crass
William Powell: Leo Kottke/Mike Gordon
Make Me Smile: Chicago
Queen Of All The Tarts: David Bowie
In The Meantime: Helmet
Beast Of Burden: The Rolling Stones
For What It's Worth (Stereo): Buffalo Springfield
Los Angeles: X
Why Should I Dog U Out?: George Clinton

Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

When I can listen alone I like classical guitar.  There's a CD made by some Canadian orchestra with some great guitarists.  That type of music, above anything else (to my ears), sounds superb if the speakers are capable.  I can't tolerate trying to listen to accoustical guitar on mediocre speakers.

I always liked the old Bob Dylan album Desire for the violin accompaniment throughout each song, and I loved the old John Cougar Mellencamp Lonesome Jubilee that had that kind of strings thing going on.  Something about good strings, especially with rock or rockabilly songs, that sounds good to me.  Now I try to listen to Alison Krauss and Robert Plants'  Raising Sand when my wife isn't around to complain that it's not Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger.  Alison has a beautiful soprano voice that is heart-tugging honest, and she plays the violin too.

But that's at home with my project speakers (I built them and they're "project" speakers because after more than two years I'm still tweaking).  Normally in the car, when my 15 y o daughter isn't with me and insisting on playing radio, I play Gorillaz or Roots or....you understand, it's got a sub. ;)  My car system isn't good enough to give me a complete and full appreciation of the stringed instruments or voices of angels.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
For me, It all depends on the time of year. If its summer time where I can have my windows down, then I listen to bassy music, mostly rap and occasionally a bass test cd. Though in the winter I cant have my windows down, I cant listen to bassy music at all or else I will get a huge headache. I then listen to heavy metal and rock. I too dont listen to music for the lyrics. If its rap and has killer bass, I will listen to it. If its got "i want to hurt someone" heart racing beats, I will listen to it.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Jenifer Warnes is a favorite of mine especially for female vocals... Liquid, smooth... A TINY rasp in there that is rarely discovered except on a few of the highest resolution systems.
Alphaville, Erasure, pretty much ANYTHING from the 70's (except a good portion of Motown stuff... dunno why, really, just not much appeal to me), Crystal Method, AC/DC, ABBA, Steve Winwood (Back in the High Life album is FAN-freakin'-TASTIC, SQ-wise... If possible, get the MFSL version), Barenaked Ladies, Peter Gabriel (Secret World Live - disc 1, track 5 - NEVER have I heard such an accurate live recording - bone shaking, DEEP, 36 inch kettle drums, reaching WAY into infra-bass territory), Paul Shaffer (yes, of David Letterman fame), Yes, New Order, Supertramp, Queen, Simon and Garfunkel, Traveling Wilburys, Eagles, Blue October...
Most classical, especially Bach and Beethoven, generally, though, no Russian orchestral composers - too "dark" for me. Chopin for piano pieces. Andre Segovia for guitar works... Yeppers, my list goes on and on!
Quite the eclectic list, no? I might also mention that all my music is encoded in Apple Lossless... No MP3's for me, thank you! 1200 songs, 81 hours on my 160G iPos Classic, and I've only used 30G! I love HUGE capacity...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
I listen and like everything and anything my head unit can play. With such a high quality system any music sounds amazing.. :)
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
ahah alpine guy, yea same here, i listen to anything that is good or has a nice tune to it. too bad my system is nothing compared to alpine guy what music do you listen to? -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic