icon

03 ford windstar r/s no crank problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
So remote start is installed(python 1400xp). Everything is hooked up correctly and it has an non consistent problem no crank problem. It does it with tach or voltage. I have gone through everything. Its not the U because even when I try to r/s with the key in ignition it doesn't crank. All the ignition wires get the correct voltage. The factory alarm disarm is hooked up correctly. I've already switched out the unit. Still same problem. Has anyone ever had any problem with this vehicle.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

Does the ignition light up and doesnt crank the car with the remote start or does the remote not respond?

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
vehicle anti theft bypass hooked up?
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
kassdog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah the ignition turns on and then no crank. Bypass is hooked up but thats not the problem because I have the same issue when I test it with the key in the ignition.
red85 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Which bypass are you using?  If it's a "key in a box" style you may want to try a databus style bypass.  Specifically you may want to try an iDatalink ADS TBSL FM.  I had similar trouble with a Windstar awhile ago and switched to the iDatalink bypass and it worked perfectly.
kassdog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
actually found out the problem. It was the car battery is getting ready to die. Sounds wierd but its true. If we run the battery down a little it wont try to remote start but will start fine with the key. Then we hook it up to our car charger and starts fine with remote start. Couldn't believe it myself. Had another installer explain it to me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic