the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1995-96 Buick Roadmaster Stereo Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
rmc wrote:
1995-6 Buick Roadmaster
  Your stereo chart states that the door speakers are 4x6.  This is incorrect.  While the other GM B-body siblings (Caprice/Impala, Custom Cruiser wagon) came with 4x6 door speakers, the Roadmaster came standard with the Concert Sound II system which used oversized 6.5" speakers (really about 6.75") in the lower part of the door and large format tweeters (about 3") in the upper part of the door by the door opener lever.  These years also have a 2 DIN head unit used by other cars in the Buick line up which have a totally different electrical connector than previous years.  I have to regularly correct this on the Impala SS forum, so I understand the mistake.

Any '91-6 Roadmaster with the Concert Sound II system will have this door speaker setup.  I am pretty sure that it was also standard on the '94 Roadmaster but it used the more standard GM 1-1/2 head unit.  (1994-6 GM B-bodies had redesigned dashboards to accomodate a passenger air bag.  This also coincides with the introduction of the LT1/L99 engines which make these later years very desirable.)  I am not sure if the Concert Sound II system was standard or optional in the earlier years.  (The Concert Sound II setup has been around for quite a while.  I had a '86 Buick LeSabre coupe that had it.)

I know that you would prefer to have this information posted in your forum, but presently I do not have time to participate in more forums.  My apologies.  Feel free to post this in your forum.
1995-96 Buick Roadmaster Stereo Info -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic