icon

2 dei systems, 1 remote advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chooch79 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All!  I am new and have searched the forums and have had some questions answered, but just would like some advice from the experts...

I have a Viper 791xv installed on my wifes car and Python 871xp installed on my truck.  I have found on these forums that I can use only one remote for both cars and how to set it up!   If i used the Viper 479v to operate both alarms, would the display just display the primary vehicles status? or both vehicles and how?

Thanks for all advice given!

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Are you trying to use a single remote for both cars?
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
chooch79 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

Yes.  I'm tired of carrying both on my keychain.  It's really bulky!

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

if both of the alarms are a two way systems i guess it would work. You would have to do the programming of the remote at the same time in both of the cars tho. If you did one car then the other it would just cancle out the programming of the first car. It wouldnt hurt to try. But its also going to control all the features for both of the vehicles if it does work. So if you remote start one the other one will remote start to an so forth.

1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
You can not use a remote from a 791xv with a 871xp. The 791xv is FM freq. and the 871xp is AM. You would have to get a new antenna and remote for one car.
After you have a new antenna and remote you would have to reprogram the remotes to make everything work. Easiest way to do it is as follows:
Lock button - locks car 1
Unlock button - unlocks car 1
Lock and Unlock together - remote starts car 1
Aux - locks car 2
* button - unlocks car 2
AUX and *   - Remote starts car 2
If you are using multiple channel 4, 5 or trunk release outputs you may run out of channels on the remote. I think after doing the above you will still have two button combinations that you can program for things like trunk release.
I also don't believe car 2 will report back to the remote properly (if at all) when the car remote starts, or when the alarm is triggered.
chooch79 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

Awesome!  Thanks for the advice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic