icon

2000 grand prix, false trunk hood trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
If the false trigger is occuring from the trunk pin, hooking the wire up to the dome light won't do anything. Many GM vehicles may not turn on the interior dome lights if the ambient light inside the car is high. Some cars sense this and don't permit the interior lights from coming on. Many GM vehicles have a switch that bypasses the interior light. If you hook to the dome light wire and have the switch off, then the alarm won't go off if a door is opened. Many alarms can't handle a delayed dome light and will sound an alert if the dome light is still on when you arm the alarm.
sparky
blackdragonpr 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
OK. My car is not equipped with that feature. It turns the interior lights as soon as I open any door during the day or night. My alarm has the 45 second door delay, so I activated it.
Here's what I tried; I cut the trunk pin wire and left the hood pin wire on. No more trunk/hood alarms. Also I cut the door pin wires and connected the door zone wire coming from the alarm to the negative wire of the domelight. The result was false door triggers. I tried adding a diode inline between the negative of the domelight and the door wire of the alarm, getting the same false trigger. I left the door wire of the alarm off and didn't get any false alarm, just in case the problem was the alarm itself. I think that the problem comes from the car. What else can I try?
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Follow the instructions in my earlier post. You must diode isolate all the door pins from each other and from the BCM. You need four diodes for this. Two to isolate the doorpins from each other and two to isolate each door pin wire from the BCM. You also need to do the same for the hood and trunk pin. Therefore you need 8 diodes.
sparky
blackdragonpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
OK. Thanks Sparky, I'll try that and repost the results.
blackdragonpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
Let's see if I get this straight. I'm drawing on a paper how is this supposed to go. You say I should cut the tan wire and put a diode with the line facing the BCM. And do the same with the dark blue wire on the other side. And on the door side, that's the side contrary to the diode's line, I should strip the wires (tan and dk. blue), put another diode with the line facing the doors and hook that wire to the alarm's door trigger wire? Is that correct?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
The inline diodes' stripes should be facing away from the BCM, not towards it.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
blackdragonpr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
You mean away from the BCM in the tan and dark blue wire of the car or in the wire that comes from there to the alarm or both?
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. The band in the diodes that go inline in the tan and blue wires between your alarm and the BCM should face away from the BCM. If you get it wrong, the dome lights won't come on with the door open.
sparky
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
The stripes should also face away from the alarm input, and toward the actual door switch.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the download section on this site and search for "1076". That diagram should explain everything.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic