the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

double din navi?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
I was contracted to locate a good double din Navigation unit, and also keep the steering wheel controls for a 2004 Escalade. What unit would be recommended that wont break the bank.
Plus what accessories will I need to do a double din install in that vehicle?
Will it be possible to have a video out connection to the factory monitor for the kids in the back seat?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Whats your budget and what does the car have, Onstar , Bose????
Keeping cost down go with an AvicD3 theres a $200 rebate through Pioneer right now, Pac's Swix for the steering wheel about $75, Then whatever harnesses you need again from Pac.
Cris
Alpine Guy 
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
I don't believe he's subcribed to onstar, but it most likely has Bose, I can work around that, I have lots of experience with the blows system.
Any idea if it's possible to have a video output to the rear screen? Im assuming there must be at least a video wire I can splice an RCA cable into?
Im going to say budget would be around $600, he gave me the go ahead to get it off e-bay, he does not care about warranty (typical car dealership owner)
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

well, I looked on Ebay and it looks like the Escalade and the Suburban use the same rear screen, if it does the OEM Dvd player is mounted to the roof with the monitor.  This link shows the A/V outputs of the Panasonic DVD player on the roof of a Suburban:

http://www.me-mag.com/upload/ME1105p75-83_LR.pdf

With this info you can take Audio only and bring it into the Aftermarket radio, or bring both audio/video up front so both screens watch and can listen to the Panasonic DVD player on the roof.

OR

I noticed in the pictures I saw on Ebay, that the roof unit has External A/V connections mounted to it(RCA Style), so you could plug in a game system or something.  You can take your A/V output of your aftermarket headunit and feed it into those inputs. Of coarse pull down the unit off the roof and see if you can tap into those External Jacks from the inside.  That would be a little tacky having RCA plugs sitting their plugged in all the time. :o) 

Good Luck and I hope I helped,

Frank

snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
i think that the alpine ivaw205 supports rear video control.... pop in the b200 and youve got nav...use the peswiakjc from peripheral to get your steering wheel controls hardwired and youll also get bluetooth out of the deal.....i dont know if what youll use for that bose system... i might try the gmah24b from peripheral as well....idk just suggestions

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic