icon

dei 508d

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natethegreat11 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Can someone explain to me "how" this works.
Reason being, I've got it under a seat and it seems to have very low sensitivty compared to when the seat is flipped down. Proximity zones are much closer while its under the seat....
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

its basically like sonar on a sub. it sends a signal out to the programed point if something moves into that signal area then the unit will sense that on the return signal and trigger the unit.

1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Is the seat interfering with the range of the signal?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I wish I knew a little more about how those things work too.
You didn't mention what seat it is you've got flipped down, what kind of car, or where the sensor is mounted.
But the sensor mustn't have metal above it. It should only be mounted under something made of plastic.
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
The module is under the rear seat in an 04 Trailblazer. The bottom portion of the seat flips down, exposing carpet and allowing the top portion of the back seat to flip down, enlarging the cargo room...
That would make sense, there is metal on that seat.
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Moved it, big difference!
Weird problem though. When I enter the inside zone the module blinks red but doesn't set off the alarm??
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
probably warning zone and not full trigger. i think the prox sensors need to see movement twice before setting off the alarm.
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
the sensor really should be moved to the center of the vehicle. I usually take apart the center an put them under them with a switch on em so i can turn it off if i dnt want it on.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
So are these sensors reliable? I am looking for a motion sensor to put in my car but the one I bought from scytec doesnt work. I want a sensor that is very reliable to where when set up if someone walks by the car or looks in the car, the warn away chirps will sound and if someone was to reach in the car (if windows are down or smash window and climb in) the full alarm would sound. Would this sensor work perfectly that way? Also is it easy to adjust? I want it to where I install it and adjust it/ test it by simply walking by and adjust it occordinly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic