the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

do i need to re program honda sl2?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe w/ Compustar 2wss-as + Honda-SL2

Was working flawlessly for 8 months, however, recently customer's battery has been dead every other day and dying in the days in between .. replaced the battery .. and the new battery continued to die.  Finally got it investigated by mechanic, and diagnosed the problem as alternator.  The alternator was replaced and the car is now running flawlessly and the battery is being recharged properly....

However...

The car seems to have lost immobilzer bypass on r/s:  when r/s-ing the vehicle, it cranks 3 times w/o ever successfully starting.  W/ immobilzer key in ignition barrel, r/s is flawless.  I localized the problem, therefore, to the bypass unit.

Can the Honda-SL2's be re-programmed with the same sequence with which i programmed it in the first place?  Or do I need to get another Honda-SL2 unit for this guy?

thanks

The search function is your friend.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
i'd try the standard programming after unpugging it for a few minutes to allow it to reset
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen compustar units go defective when cars get boosted after batteries die I don't know if this would pertain to you
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting .. it would seem that w/ the key in the ignition barrel, and with successful r/s-ing that way ... this would indicate the r/s is functioning properly, but the immobilizer bypass is dysfunctional.  However, maybe the GWR wire isn't working anymore...
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
It is a possiblity the other thing is that the bypass could have been damaged when boosting the car
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
no need to reprogram since you cant reprogram them anyways. simply place key into ignition, turn it to ON wait 10 seconds then start the car. Let the car run for a min, remove key, remote start and the bypass is now reset, no need to reprogram.
peterubers 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Tedmond, does this involve, at all, removing the lower dash to access the bypass module?  It doesn't seem like it does.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
nope no removal of anything. simple place key into ignition wait a few seconds, start and let it run, remove key and remote start, the unit just resets itself.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic