98 cadillac seville, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fishinfool88 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
1998 Cadillac Seville STS
I am trying to install an alarm/remote start, and Ive got the wiring diagrams. However, when I went to the ignition switch to find the ignition 2 wire, I couldn't find a white wire. I found the first ignition wire but the remote start has an ignition 2 output and this car supposedly has an ingnition 2 wire. I also am having trouble finding the accessory wire. It just seems like the wiring diagram given, and the actual ignition harness are way off. Also, I bought a PKIII transponder, and the aftermarket alarm has a transponder output, and a factory disarm output. This car has a factory disarm wire, is it necessary to attach both the factory disarm, and the transponder?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

First of all, if it really is a 98 STS, the ignition switch is on the dash and accessible by removing the radio - don't disconnect the radio...just let it hang.

You should have a Pink and a White for ignitions, an Orange for accessory and a Yellow for starter.

The 97 model only has the Pink ignition but will have two accessories - Orange and Blue.

The car could disarm when it sees the signal from the transponder bypass and the ignition from the remote starter but it will emit a short horn honk. You'll run into problems if you want to unlock using the remote starter keyfob because the car will not get a "disarm" pulse. To get around this, connect the disarm wire of the remote starter to the light green wire in the driver's door that goes to ground when you turn the key in the door cylinder to the unlock position.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
fishinfool88 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
I know where the ignition switch is, the radio is completely out, too small of an area to work. I have looked this switch and harness over 3 ways to sunday, no white wire. Theres also 5 orange wires, and about 4 yellow wires.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
There will NOT be 5 orange wires or 4 yellow wires at the ignition switch. You are probably looking at the wrong group of wires. You should have plenty of room to work with by pulling the radio. Are you testing your wires with a DMM?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Here's what you should see:

Two Orange wires: Battery +

Two pinks in same pin: Ignition

One Brown (may be Orange): Accessory

One Orange: Ignition

Two Yellow in same pin: Starter

One White: Shows power on ACC and IGN and START

You'll also see the Passkey wires: Yellow, White, Black which go down to the Passkey module below the ignition switch down near center console.

There's also the keysense circuit comprised of a BLACK/ White (ground) and a Light Green (keysense).

You don't necessarily have to connect to any or all the wires I mentioned, I just gave them for reference to guide you through the spaghetti.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
fishinfool88 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot, helps a decent bit, just need to find a white wire, nowhere to be found.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic