icon

parrot 3100 low sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bamayukon 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

I installed my parrot 3100 inline between the head unit and wiring harness to the factory wiring.  There are not amplifiers on the system with the exception of the sub.  No stock aplifiers.  When the radio is muted, the call volume is very low.  Is there any way to increase the volume of the speakers during a call.  I can barely hear the call while driving.  I tried to install a small amplifier to amp the signal coming out of the phone unit..... .that didn't work at all.

Anybody have any suggestions to help me in hearing my calls better?

2004 Yukon Alpine headunit, 1000w amp to kicker comp12 in series. Not much yet neat.
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of phone are you using?

bamayukon 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
Nextel i870
2004 Yukon Alpine headunit, 1000w amp to kicker comp12 in series. Not much yet neat.
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

I have a list of nextel phones that i got from parrot tech support that work with their kits.The i870 is on the list and they said was tested with no known issues. the parrot kit has a volume that i am sure you turned all the way up, but have you tried turning the phones volume up while "in use". There is always the possibility that you have a bad unit as well.

nicestuff 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like either you are incorrect and the vehicle is pre-amplified, or this is a bad parrot. Happened before :).
Try to change the blue box on a parrot to see if this helps. If the issue is still there, the car likely does have a pre-amp and then you need to splice in AFTER the amp, in line, with sound entering on the Female side of the Parrot harness.
Either way it would be very helpful if you'd supply the year, make, model of the vehicle and the radio it has.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic