concept 650 alarm, with apexi turbo timer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimcarman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

hi ppl,

i own a mk6 Ford Fiesta ST (2005 model).

i have fitted a Clifford Concept 650 alarm to the car. Now i have also bought an APEXI Turbo Timer

that i would like to fit to my car but also incorperate it into my alarm so that zthey can work togeather.

meaning that i can let the car idle for 90 secs but also lock my car, activate the alarm.

would anyone know if their is a method that i could use I.E relay diagram.

the turbo time has a red +12v wire, green ign wire (ing1), blue ign wire (ing2), and a black wire being an earth 

any help and advice would be welcome,

many thanks for your time ppl.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
is your turbo time a basic one that just allows car to idle after you shut it down? or the more complex ones that also show RPM, Pressure, voltage, etc.  I dont know of any alarm that offers a latched signal after you arm it for a short period of time.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the ign 1 wire to the ignition out of the clifford alarm the green and blue wire that should work.Install the wires on the timer as usual.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

ringojam wrote:
Connect the ign 1 wire to the ignition out of the clifford alarm the green and blue wire that should work.Install the wires on the timer as usual.

alarms dont have ignition outputs, the only have inputs for programming. If you had a remote start unit, it would be possibe because they offer turbo timer modes, usually set at 3 min to allow the turbo to cool down then the car completly shuts down.

jimcarman 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  

hi guys,

the apexi  turbo timer that i have has the extra features of an o2 sensor engine cut-off via the handbrake cable, voltage display/alart, so it the more complex one. " i think".

many thanks again

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Clifford alarms hav an ign out for the black jax,Run the hand brake wire to the wire coming from plunger on the hand brake assembly, the 02 wire has to be run to yr oxygen sensor on the exaust manifold,tell me the colors on the sensor i will tell you what to connect it to it do these all the time with clifford alarms, or i build a turbo timer by pass for any other alarm that needs to arm it self with timer running.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic