the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 nissan frontier, aps997

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Well it has been a long time since I installed a prestige alarm/rs combo. did one last night for a friend, everything worked perfect. He called me today and said the alarm goes off when a truck/car drives by, my fault as I forgot to adjust the shock sensor, no big deal i plan to fix it later, but he mentioned when he goes to remote start the vehicle he gets the confirmation chirp, the lights flach but the truck wont even crank. This was a APS997 and the truck was a 2004 nissan frontier. I had to run the double realy as this truck has 2 start wires ect and I linked into the ECU for the tach wire. Just wondering where to start as this might be a simple fix for the most knowledgable on audiovox alarms.

Thanks in advance.

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Did you program double pulse unlock. I am assuming that you tested it but didn't wait long enough for the factory alarm to arm. Also what bypass did you use?
jaurora 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

No I didnt set it up for double pulse unlock. One pulse locks and unlocks along with arms and disarms the system. There is no bypass requred on this truck. They implemented the transponder in the 05 and up. What would be the reason to set up a double pulse unlock and why did it work fine last night? I am curios to how things misticaly happen overnight. Starnge carma.

Thank you for the quick reply.

J

Jeremy
chadwa2003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry what I meant to say was unlock before and lock after start what wires did you connect for your locks. Maybe the factory alarm is preventing it from starting
jaurora 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

I think I tagged the (im doing my best to remeber) LG gree/red, BROWN / something. It was in the box to the right of the steering colum.

Jeremy
chadwa2003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure then those are only the lock and unlock wires no alarm. You may want to try hooking up the keysense wire WHITE/ green ignition harness. Not really sure if that will help though
jaurora 
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
Perhaps when I see it tonight it will be something simple. Cant be that hard to figure out, If its not cranking there is a reason, i dont think its the pin switch as it is giving the confirmation chirp, also with 2 start wires even if one wasent soldered enough the truck would still crank on the other starter wire but not start so that I would think would eliminate that issue. Well we shall see what happens. Thank you for your comments.
Jeremy
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
--Nissans disarm with remote start; no need to connect factory disarm.
--Audiovox ships most of their shock sensors set to full maximum, a terrible idea.
--Why would you spend extra time wiring up a second-starter relay, when the unit already has one on board? You could have just used the pink wire, and programmed for "as starter."
--Out of the vehicle's two starter wires, one will make it crank but not start most of the time....and the other will not crank the starter at all. So basically, if the primary starter wire isn't functioning, it won't crank like is happening now.
I would drop the dash, put a tester to the backside of the plug at the car's ignition switch, and test if either of the two wires isn't receiving power during remote start.
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
05 and up frontiers disarm with remote start since it is done with the transponder, not 98-04. the factory alarm will not prevent the truck from starting even with it armed, so you should disarm it. you can arm it get in while its honking and it will still start. but if you are hooked up to the lt GREEN/ red and brown for locks, you should change that to yellow and yellow/red those are factory arm/disarm. and the pink
wire will not do second starter output only ignition 3 or acc
jaurora 
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Well I tagged all the correct wires in the truck. It was as simple as disarming the system thhen doing the remote start. Thanks for the input.
Jeremy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic