icon

program prestige aps996 transmitter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frydchkn 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased a 97 Grand Cherokee and it came with a Prestige APS996.  It was missing the 2-way transmitter so I went out and purchased one from a local shop.  I don't have the APS996A which in the Prestige website lists a different transmitter (5bcr05).  This is the transmitter I was sold from the shop. 

Can this transmitter be programmed to an APS996? I've searched near and far and I can't seem to locate the instructions on how to add a transmitter to even try it.  The owner's manuals that are in the Prestige website refer you to a seperate manual called 'Add a Transmitter', or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FrydChkn

frydchkn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

I just tried turning the ignition on and pressing the valet button 3 times.  Then I pressed the lock button and it worked, but only the lock button.  It arms and disarms but thats all it does.

How do I program the rest of the buttons?

FrydChkn

frydchkn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

It turns out a 2nd press of the valet button (2 chirps) is to program the unlock button,

a third press (3 chirps) to program the remote start button,

and a final press (4 chirps) to program the option button.

Just a bit of trial-n-error and some aggravated neighbors, from the horn honks, is all it took.

FrydChkn

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic