icon

alpine monoblock amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys.. Im having a real issue with my setup..
i have an alpine MRDM1005/MRDM1105 monoblock amp with a type X sub
have a 2.2 farad cap and an alpine IDA-X001 headunit..
I also purchased a Alpine Rux-4280 controller for the amp..
This is the story.. i got teh amp and sub and then find that the screws to remove the plate on the amp (to get acess to the control settings on the amp) and i notice that the 2 screws holding it in are completly rounded and i cannot remove them easily.. so i read and find that if i purchase a rux-4280 i can control all the settings of the amp from my front seat so i pick that up and when it gets here i find that it wont plug into my amp.. I call alpines tech support and they tell me that i need to buy another cable to connect it (but i think thats BS).. It said that the rux-4280 would work with my amp!!
Does anyone have any ideas how i can connect the rux to the amp?
Thanks
noobgalore 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

From what I have found that controller will only work with the MRD-300 & 500 series amps. I would return it.

If the amp is new the screws will come out using a hexagonal wrench (M3)

Hope this helps although I know the first part wasn't what you wanted to hear.

eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
ya.. ive tried all hex and torx and nothing fits in snug so i checked and noticed that they are completely rounded.. any ideas on how to remove the screws IF i cannot get this rux to work.. the guy at alpine tech said this rux-4280 will work with my MRD-M1005 amp.. ill try calling them back prolly tomorrow and see what they say but i doubt it..
so if the rux wont work how can i remove the screws (safely)
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
The two screws holding the cover should be an M3 hex head.  If they are damaged then you could try using a pair of vice grips or easy-out... the amp is a 2005 model so it's out of warranty so just do your best.  If you can't do it take the amp to an Alpine authorized dealer for help.  The RUX-4280 may not be usable with your MRD-M1005 as that amp does not allow remote control unless you adapt it to D-Link... ask the Alpine service technician where you plug in the remote interface cable or if you need the D-Link interface adapter (I don't remember the adapter model number.)
Support the12volt.com
noobgalore 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
if the screws stick up from the case at all you could try using a dremel and make a slot in it so you can fit a flathead screw driver in it to remove it.
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
ya i know if they were sticking up it would be fairly easy.. but the problem is that they are actually in a hole (about 3/4" down to the top of the head of the screw)..
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
and sorry for the double post but I cant find anything on the D-Link interface adapter.. All my searches have brought up are d-link (the wireless manufactorers) stuff..
noobgalore 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
ok then i would go with the easy out. if you dont have one they are a nice to have so buying it just for this wouldnt be a waste. lucky for me my dad is a Tool and die maker so I have access to all sorts of tools.
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
ok.. ill go out and grab a set of easy outs (if my dad doesn't have any).. actually tomorrow is a holliday so i guess im screwed for tomorrow..
But one thing.. will easy outs work for this? i mean the tip of the screws holding the plate are only a few millimeters in size.. do they make easy outs that small?
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
last resort, drill out the screwheads.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic