the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best 10 Subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I currently have an alpine deck running to a v-drive amp that pushes 2 sets of 6.5" mb quart premium component speakers in a 2002 chevy avalanche. (wow that was a mouthfull!). Now i would like to add some subs. My goal is good tight bass. I've had my experience with boomy subs in the past, but this time I want to go for very clean sound quality. SPL is not a big deal for me. Due to limited space, I need 10's and each sub to be able to operate in a sealed box under 1 cubic foot. Also I would like each sub to be in the under 150 dollar range. I've considered Polk, Infinity, Alpine, JL Audio, Audiobahn... What do ya think?
Dyer
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
lol I was about to suggest a kappa perfect then I saw your "under 150 dollar" requirement.  Good luck finding any JL sub under 150 bucks...ditto for audiobahn.  Now that I think about it, what kind of amp is gonna be powering the subs?
dyer 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I can get perfects for under 150. Do you think infinity is the way to go? What about the cheaper infinity's? I can also get 10W0's under 150. Maybe even 10w3's. I havn't decided yet about the amp.
Dyer
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Look at a/d/s/ on eBay too...they will do,or step up at the rS.2 series a/d/s/ but they'll be more than $ 150...
dyer 
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
thanks in advance to everyone. Keep it coming!
Dyer
dyer 
Posted: March 01, 2003 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
I think i've decided on infinity. No one seems to argue that they are very good subs. I'm thinking about the Kappa 100.1DVC, 100.3DVC, and the perfects. What is the difference in the 100.1 and the 100.3? Is one better? Is it really worth the extra money for the perfects? Any suggestions would be great.
Dyer
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2003 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
If your looking for SQ I would stick with MB Quart and look at the PWD 254 Now they are a little more than the Infinity’s but you get what you pay for. Also might want to check out a/d/s like Dan MC suggested. Now the Eclipse Aluminums sound pretty clean and so do the Audiobahn Alum series. But if I were you I would listen to as many options as possible before making a final decision but I think the PWD 254 sounds much cleaner than the perfects.
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
i've had some extreme bass going in my car off and on, i change my subs more than my sox, but right now due to how fricking cold it is and i dont want to wreck my good stuff, i've got 1 10" JL 10W0 and a concept cc602 powering it, and it does the trick for me i guess, nice clean tight bass, cost me 160$ canadian,
customsound 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine r, s Type subs for sound quality, memphis for loudness, or as stated above MB Quartz for total package performance.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
lol...
the Perfects are clean subs, but they really seem to lack in output...the a/d/s/ are sweet sounding, the Quarts sound nice, and the Eclipse Alums are nice as well...
personally, I am not a fan of the Audiobahns or the Alpines...
but if you are really looking for an SQ sub, I would advise saving your money for awhile longer, because you arent going to get a really nice SQ sub for that little amount of coin...
save up and look at adire audio Brahmas or the JL w7s if you want SQ subs that will really pound...even the a/d/s/ seem to be fairly loud...but for 150 you are looking mainly at entry level or a step above...if you want good SQ open your wallet a bit more...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic