icon

prestige xr9000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stx-di 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

I looking for some info on the prestige xr 9000. How well dose this system work and what kinds of problems did you have?

Thanks

Kurt

lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty much the same as all the Prestige Remote Start/Alarm units, I tested the range to about 1/4-1/2 mile and thats about as far as it got, decent range but not "ONE MILE" system I dont think...No problems
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed one of these in my personal vehicle to demo for customers and i agree with isondubz. the range is NO WHERE near 1 mile. remote is BIG. Honestly, I would stick with the 997 if you want to go with audiovox, save yourself the money and carry around a smaller remote that has the same options.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
jaybizz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
i love it. i have it in my personal vehicle to and i agree with these guys about the range but i also have the telematics module so with range i'm good. the remote is a little big but the advantage of that over the 997 is the trunk button is on the front part and it gives you 2 channels on the side of which i use (1) for remote start and (2) for my window roll down. for those guys that don't know if you tie the blue/black and the GREEN/ black wires together it gives you one touch start which would be the channel (1) button on the remote. also that works with the 786,787, 996 and the 997's and it would be the "option" button on the remote. i would suggest anyone who has a prestige remote start to add the telematics module, it only cost $140 and it gives you 3 years free activation. good luck
alarm king
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I install Pursuit, rather than Prestige, but it's the same thing.
I put the Pursuit PRO-9801XR into my father's car for him. He's really impressed with the range, and said that so far, he's been unable to get far enough away from the car to have it not work.
He said he was in a Wal Mart, with his car parked out in the middle of the parking lot (not close to the entrance), and he was in the back of the store, and was able to remote start his car.
A co-worker has the same unit. He said that now he's able to remote start from his condo with 100% reliability, whereas his APS-997 only worked most of the time.
But he also said that he tried the remote start while in a shopping mall, and it didn't work.
In short: It has a lot of range, and way more range than other Audiovox units. But one mile certainly seems like an exaggeration.
djspawn00 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
I purchased the xr9000 for my 2002 GS300.  I had a friend install it and I've had some problems.  I currently have the alarm on valet mode because it would go off for no apparent reason.  My friend said that we just need to turn down the sensitivity on the proximity sensor and the shock sensor.  Also sometimes when I attempt to open my doors my windows and sunroof open... i figure that to just be a timing issue with me.  I currently have function 2 to close all of my windows, function 1 is unused, and holding lock and unlock together will open my windows.  pressing the green button twice will start my car, holding it down opens my trunk.  That works alright, but the range sucks relative to what is advertised unless you have a 100% clear line of sight.  Also if i leave my headlights on when i exit my car they turn off automatically, however if I use my remote start the lights turn on...but do not turn off after the car has passed its alloted running time...thus killing my battery.  Any ideas on how to correct that?  Also any ideas on my other issue with it going off on random?  Oh and any idea where I can find another manual for this thing.. my friend lost it and the audiovox site doesn't seem to have it available.  Thanks in advanced.
jaybizz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  
ok probably the problem with the windows and sunroof opening when you unlock is the alarm is probably set to unlock pulse 3.5 sec. Did he go into the driver door(with a direct fax 1070) to do the door locks? if so just program the alarm for double pulse: take the alarm out of valet, then turn key on and tap the valet switch 3 times. after chirp turn key off then back on. press the valet 1 time and after the chirp hit the lock button on the remote until u get 3 chirps. that is double pulse unlock. with the problem with it going off it may be the sensors are to sensitve. the problem with the lights is most lexus' are like that. what it is, is when you have the auto lights on and when you take the key out the lights stay on until a door is opened. so most likely you're not gonna be able to fix that problem because when u remote start and it shuts off the lights are gonna stay on until a door is opened. try turning off the auto lights. also if you want to get jiggy you can tie the GREEN/ black and  blue/black wire together and then the remote start would be one touch  from the option (1) button. if your're unhappy with the range see if you can get the acl-100 telematics module so you would be able to start the car with a phone and you could be in florida and the car can be in NY and it will start.
alarm king
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
djspawn00,
Everything you've listed is almost all installation issues.
1. Range: The antenna should be mounted in the center of the windshield, with the two little "antenna rods" (those plastic protrustions) BELOW any of that black-dot-matrix window tint.
Also, on Audiovox products, the double-push for remote start takes a little practice. If the speed isn't just right, it won't work.
2. Falsing. In the owner's manual, it shows you how to use the LED to see which "zone" of the alarm falsed. (Door, trunk/hood, or shock sensor are the three zones.)
Basically, let it false. Then, unlock the car, and look at the LED BEFORE turning the car on.
Count the LED flashes. Three flashes is shock sensor(s), two is trunk/hood, and one is door.
Audiovox shock sensors (stupidly) come out of the box set to full maximum. If your friend forgot to turn it way down, it'll false.
3. Windows opening with unlock. Not really your friend's fault. The 1-second doorlock pulses from the system are long enough to trigger the car's window rolldown feature. There's unfortunately no option to program them for a shorter time.
The only way I've found around this is to use the system's BLACK/ blue alarm disarm output.......to trigger a relay......and have the relay turn the car's ignition on momentarily every time you unlock.
When the car's ignition is on, the factory window rolldown feature doesn't work, and therefore your windows will stay up.
4. Automatic lights staying on after remote start shutdown. This is a known, common issue on Toyota and Lexus, with an easy fix. Use the search feature here.
5. Owner's manual. I'm not sure about Prestige, but Pursuit is the same thing anyway.
Go to www.audiovox.com, click Customer Service, click Manuals.
Search for PRO9801XR (without any hyphens). If that doesn't show up, try PRO9276XR, which is a similar system, but only remote start/keyless (no alarm).
djspawn00 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for all the info, audiovox emailed me the pdf files for the manuals and I'll be taking full advantage of that search function.  I look forward to learning from all the info on this forum.
djspawn00 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
I tried searching, I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but I can't find the fix for the automatic headlights not shutting down on toyotas or lexus.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic