icon

programming tach ca 530 06 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
06f150 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Some of you know that I was having problems with my CA 530 not starting when cold. So I again moved the tach wire to another fuel injector and reprogrammed it, went like it should. Went to start it today and did not start on first attempt, but did auto retry and it did start the second time. So I have had it a one ignition coil(crazy things happen) and this now is my 2nd fuel injector....still not starting on the first attempt. So I called there tech line and I was told something I was never told before that I need to lock in my tach reading by hitting the red button on the key fod to lock in the tach signal. Before I was hitting the black override button hanging from the unit to do this....
Can any one confirm which button it is?
Also I learned my tach about 600-700rpm and he said that this was to low and that is why the vehicle was not starting on the first attempt was over-rev protection was kicking in..which is 3x the idol speed. He said I should relearn it at about 1000rpm.
Does this sound right?...over rev kicking in even before the truck has started?
And can someone confirm that in option bank 4 the first LED should be off(tach mode enable) and the second LED on(avg. crank time)....I was told that the second LED does not matter if it is on or off as long as the first is off
o... and it is not the bypass, I checked it out and working like it should (solid red light when cranking).
Thanks again for all the help...Josh
06 F150 5.4
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
I reprogrammed the tach last night to a little over 1000 rpm and it started the truck and the second attempt....it was -15f....verse the other day when it went four cranking times and did not start at all and only 0f out. But it is still not cranking for Four (4) seconds or until the truck starts like it says in the manual. It cranked longer on the first attempt today then it has before and when it started the second attempt it fired right at the beginning of that crank.....
so why is it giving up before its four seconds and trying twice to start when it should be cranking longer to start it on the first try ?
Now when I think about it...could a low battery be part of the problem ...had it test when my oil was done 543CCA out of 650CCA battery...but is starts the first crank with a key when cold..umm
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Josh
06f150 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic