icon

90 dodge ram, prostart 3200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Normally wouldn't need help on this one but something has me baffled here. Unit has a Prostart 3200 installed in it. Can get it to do a takeover without issue. When remote started, the starter doesn't want to drop out at all. There is a good tach source off the coil. (Or what seems to be) Anyway when I turn the key to accessory and remote, starter stays engaged. When turn forward to igntion, starter drops out and truck runs fine. I measured resistance between start wire and ignition and found 22ohms. I thought that should be isolated but not sure. Tried a new module and the same problem, so it is not the brain. Thought about using a relay to isolate the starter or ignition but ran out of time. Simply baffled! Anyone with a solution. Thanks!
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
When you say there seems to be a good tach source does that mean the RS unit is learning it and acknowledging the learn, or are you guessing that it's good?
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
saskpuller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
The r/s is learning it and I tested with multitest. I'm thinking it has something to do with igntion and starter wires in the truck.
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. The next question is why are you turning the key to accessory before remote starting? What happens without the key in the ignition?
Does the starter engage immediately on remote start, or do the ignition and accessories come on first, short delay then starter engages?
It almost sounds like the ignition and starter wires are reversed.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
saskpuller 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
When there is no key in the igntion, everything goes as normal. Delay, igntion, starter crank but starter doesn't drop out. When I put the key in the igntion, turn to accessory and hit button, starter stays engaged but as soon as I turn key to run, the starter drops out. The crossing of the igntion and starter wires could be possible but that would have to be at the computer or wherever because I have double and triple checked the connections. One more thing, customer called today and told me that the r/s has worked flawlessly for two years. The computer on the truck crapped out at Christmas. He replaced that and ever since the r/s has been doing as described above. I know it's not the r/s or anything to do with the install. Where would I look for the problem or how do I diagnose the problem? I didn't think that there should be a resistance at all between the igntion and starter wires.
qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
check the programming for crank duration change to shortest time and program alarm for tachless or voltage check test all factory wires again make sure nothing was rewired differently during its last service of the computer swap use a DMM make sure all wires correctly relate as if the truck was brand new some thing switched as stated above give more details of your wire connections

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic