icon

fiberglass for a silverado 12l7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmendoza408 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
Hello there. I was looking for some help. I have a 2002 silverado and i am trying to fit two kicker 12 inch L7 solobarics under the seat. I have looked for prefab boxes and nothing will fit this set up. I have decided to make a fiberglass box but cant decide which is better, downfire, facing up, or facing towards the front. I want to make a fiber glass mold for the bottom and use wood for the walls and maybe wood or fiberglass for the top. I will be powering this with the kicker 1200.1 amp. I would appreciate any help or if anyone has done this before maybe some advice. Thanks
kronik66 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
i do not believe 12 w7s will fit under your seats in any way..  magnet structure is to big.  and  that kicker amp wont provide enough power to both of them that amp would work great for one but not two..
";p
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
I agree.  Plus there wouldn't be enough airspace for the subs. Just take the back seat out, add 2 more subs and wall it off... I dare ya! lol...
...don't crush the weasel...
alex_crys 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Gotta agree with tubbs and kronik u ain't got room just wall it off double dare ya!
pmendoza408 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
do you guys think that if i lift the seat that would give it some more room. I am stuck with the subs i tried returning them and they wouldn't trade them for 10's. I was also wondering how to go about lifting the seat. I cant get rid of the back seat because every know and then me and my family go camping and i haul a jet ski and i would loose space to sit people. Any advice is helpfull
Thanks
evileagletalon 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
It is very possible to do, don't listen to these people. I've built many many boxes dor that truck, and also a box for (2) Rockford T1's. If you've ever seen those, they are taller then a L7. You will have to put about 1.5-2.0" spacers under the seat brackets, but that is very easy to do. I personally did the whole bottom fiberglass and the rest of the 5 sides out of 3/4" MDF, with the subs facing up. The speakers souded very good.
pmendoza408 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
do you happen to have any pictures of your installs? i was also wondering how do i go about lifting the seat up.
evileagletalon 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2008 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
I had some on my other phone. To lift the seat, you'll need some metal spacers with the holes cut out for the bolts, and longer bolts. You need to make the metal spacers the same thickness all around so that the whole seat moves up eaqually.
Also, you can mount your amps behind the back seat...there's some good room back there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic