icon

arc audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking to Arc Audio and apperently Robert Zeff is the guy behind building there amps, formally of Zapco the builder of there older amps. He also says these amps that he is building for Arc Audio are his best ever, so one asks are they the real deal  They  look very well built and are suppose to make there power at 12 volts. Dose any one here have any experience with these amps?

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

I sell Arc brand at my the shop I work for. I asked that we become a dealer because I like their gear so much.

The Zeff designed amps are the SE series which is Arc's top of the line series. They are solid amps, that sound great.

The Foose series is their mid level gear (better than most big name brands) however they are big, and ugly in my opinion. They too have more than enough power and great flexibility.

The Kar series is their entry level series gear, I love the amps, they are small, with a nice black satin finish, no bling or excess. Again, great flexibility for setting up systems and great power output. The Kar series also has an awesome 6 channel amp, great for doing a whole system. I believe the last two channel produce 500 wrms@ 4 ohms!

I don't do a whole lot of their speakers, I know that they are ok for the money but there are others I just prefer. The subs on the other hand are killer. The Arc series, are very similar to the IDQ's. The arc series woofers have beefier magnets and a better motor. They have plenty of output and sound excellent. I don't have any experience with the other sub lines.

dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Cool my brother-in-law did get some of there stuff the 900.6 yes the sub channel dose put out 500 watts, also picked up the D2 sub along with there 5 1/4 co ax speakers. Thats all for his Volvo then he is looking to spend about 4 grand on his Benz.
I also herd that on there 6 1/2 separates that the tweeter is made my the people who make rainbow audio?
Depending on how we like this setup we just might use them again in his Benz and same some change.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I know that at one point Rainbow was the mfr. for the ACS component series, but I am not sure any more as the lines have changed.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
The SE amps are pretty cool. Replaced a Zapco C@K-6.0 with a 2300SE and love it. The quality of construction is excellent. Sound quality is between the Hifonics Series 7 and 8 (Zed) and Soundstream Class A's. Big balls with a smooth finish. (It is my opinion Hifonics doesn't exists beyond Series 8) Not sure about the Foose or Kar Series. Subs are nice, didn't like the Comp sets. Arc's "bad ass processor" the DXE, doesn't have time delay, not important to everyone.
Steve Mantz (Zed) and Robert Zeff are both very talented. A joint venture would yield some serious products!
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Cool thanks for the info will let you know what I think once I get it all installed for him.
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

Well after have Arc auido in my brother-in-laws car there 5 1/4 not too bad there 900.6 good strong amp, however there D2 Duel 2ohm DVC sub not so good. The fist one we hooked up in series was a dead sub. Got it replaced with a new one after 2 days of playing it froze, too much death metal who knows. The amp was bridged in 4ohm putting out 550 wats so they clam, the sub is suppose to handle 350rms and 700 peak the gain was set on half with audible distortion with the deck at full volume. I even was watching the sub movment once it was all set up and the woffer was never pushing when it was turned up. It was in there sleaded box the shop owner recomended for that sub and amp combo.

So I think there subs are a pile of crap, speaking of Pyle I have bet the ever living crap out a Pyle sub and have had better luck so tomorrow it's off to the stereo shop to see what they will do about it they have a traid up deal so well try that as for Arc done with there sub but the amp Rocks

Sub    http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription_pages/subwoofers/arc-series/arc12.asp

Amp 900.6     http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription_pages/amplifiers/ks-series/ks9006.asp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic