the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

command start problems after oil change.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mechanicalydumb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
okay I bought my durango  and it came with a auto start command start. I recently got my oil changed and because of the command start to service the vehicle you have to put the command start in valet mode (what ever that is) well they never took valet mode off after the oil change and so now my command start does not work and before I start my truck and after I turn it off and when I push the alarm button or lock buttons it makes this error buzz sound like a realy sick alarm clock. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP this has been a week and every mechanic I have taken it to has told me it will cost $200 just to have them look at it.. and the place that cause this problem said it's not their fault it's mine and they won't rectify this.. someone please help before I lose my mind.. the command start I have is an auto start with the ID number NAHRS5304 but it is not on the auto start website and they have not responded to my calls or e-mails and it has been going on a week now.. all I wanted was an oil change and now I have to deal with this.
Teenage service guys scare me
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
does your antenna have an LED in it? is it on solid?
if so, cycle your key from off to on 5 times.
if it's not on, count the number of times your parklights flash when you press the start button and report back here.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
mechanicalydumb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
the park lights don't flash at all it just makes that buzzing noise. I've tired the turning the key thing 5 times and it has not worked.. I was told to start my truck and push the command start button 5 times too to take it out of valet mode and that did not work.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
what about turning the key to acc. (dont actually start it) and press the button 5 times. Try that.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
So let me get this straight. You took the durango to get an oil change. The garage put the durango in valet mode (which is to prevent the vehicle from remote starting while they are servicing it). The garage never took the vehicle out of valet mode. When you drive it off their lot, did you already take notice to this problem?
mechanicalydumb 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

they did all the oil change then they drove it out of the bay and left it runing so I did not know about this problem till I turned my truck off at home and when I called them about it they said it's not their problem

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
If I was in your situation, I would take it back to them and demand they fix the problem or else I could have my attorney get in touch with them. See the problem with these garages is that they will do whatever they can to make some money. I recently took my car to the garage to get some stuff replaced. My car was under an extended warrenty so it only cost me a total of $50 to get everything done. All together without it being under warrenty it would have cost over $1000. But since they were only making $50, they claimed my spark plugs were also ruined and wanted to charge me $140 to put new bosche platinum 4's in my car. All garages will do whatever it takes to make money. I would have checked everything out even before I paid the bill. So if you cant find any info on here on how to fix it, I would take it back to them and demand they fix it. They did work on the vehicle and messed something up. For all you know, they might have just changed your filter and put the old oil back in or vice versa. Thats why I dont trust garages. I would have done it all myself, but this all is just my opinion.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic