icon

upgrading alternator and battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazzasec 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Right now my car has a stock 130amp alternator. I will be running about a 3000 watt system in my car. If I keep my stock 130amp alternator and get a brand new kinetik hc2400 in the front and a brand new kinetik hc2000 in the back will that work effeciently?
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Or would it be better if i got an HC2000 in the front and the back?
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
The more batteries your alternator needs to charge, the harder your alternator needs to work. I would first get a stronger alternator and 1 new battery. See how that works.
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Ya but I heard its always better to get 2 identical batteries same kind and same age
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
audioman2007 wrote:
The more batteries your alternator needs to charge, the harder your alternator needs to work. I would first get a stronger alternator and 1 new battery. See how that works.
It will be charging 2 regardless. Either the stock upfront and a kinetik in the back or a kinetik upfront replacing the stock and a kinetik in the back
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
OK, Upgrade your alt to the largest you can possible afford, then worry about batteries.   Look into reputable companies like
Powermaster
Ohio Generator
High Output Alts
Ditch the factory battery, espicially if your going to upgrade to a kintik, Haveing a AGM style battery and a Wet cell factory battery are not going to work out well. The kinetiks are designs to hold a higher charge, and will most likely cause damage to your factory battery, and or your nice new kinetik.
Before you worry about batteries, start with the only thing that MAKES power in your car, get the alternator and Big 3 done, see how your car responds and go from there.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
mazzasec 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
jeffchilcott wrote:
OK, Upgrade your alt to the largest you can possible afford, then worry about batteries.   Look into reputable companies like
Powermaster
Ohio Generator
High Output Alts
Ditch the factory battery, espicially if your going to upgrade to a kintik, Haveing a AGM style battery and a Wet cell factory battery are not going to work out well. The kinetiks are designs to hold a higher charge, and will most likely cause damage to your factory battery, and or your nice new kinetik.
Before you worry about batteries, start with the only thing that MAKES power in your car, get the alternator and Big 3 done, see how your car responds and go from there.
I was going to upgrade TWO batteries thats what my question is i never said i was gonna keep the stock and a kinetik in the back i was gonna upgrade to a kinetik to replace the stock and a kinetik in the back

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic