Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

well only comparison i have is a H3 to a Wrx with 2 tens

the tens sound great... an so do the 12s

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
rrcustom 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Also have gone with a 10" sub. I found 12" subs were always not as a tight as hit than compared to a 10 in a sealed box...
Guess it is all personal preference...really curious about the S12L7/L5
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

well as far as being tight.... the 12s keep up very well in my opinion..

a local guy here in town is a drummer and he liked how well the 12s reproduced the kick petal or what ever that is hahaha cause his system thats what he goes for more than the vocal end of things...

the song was i think something like tool or some crazy fast drummer

also the guy with the tens listens to all types ( i mean all types) of music and he loves his 10s in a sealed box

the 12s are in a ported box

honestly since the type-r's have come out 12s really give some tens a run for there money when it comes to tight bass... what u think ?

rrcustom 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Clean Install wrote:

well as far as being tight.... the 12s keep up very well in my opinion..

a local guy here in town is a drummer and he liked how well the 12s reproduced the kick petal or what ever that is hahaha cause his system thats what he goes for more than the vocal end of things...

the song was i think something like tool or some crazy fast drummer

also the guy with the tens listens to all types ( i mean all types) of music and he loves his 10s in a sealed box

the 12s are in a ported box

honestly since the type-r's have come out 12s really give some tens a run for there money when it comes to tight bass... what u think ?

I think 90% of "what sounds good" comes from the actual enthusiast. It all depends on what "YOU" like. I would like to go to the S12L7s but I already have a dual 10" sealed kicker enclosure...maybe find a really good deal on some 12's in a box and I might consider...
I think it would be a good change...especially because I have had practically ALL the different brands of 10s...
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

Nice...

and true...depends upon the listener

rrcustom 
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Clean Install wrote:

Nice...

and true...depends upon the listener

Some people have the gift...others don't ;-)
Some people think a pyramid amp & sub are the greatest thing around...then they hear a real system and are blown out of the water...
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
rrcustom wrote:
ferretvw wrote:
I have been using that amp for about 3 years now and love it. I was originally running it at 1 ohm on 2 kicker 12" L7's and never had a problem at 1 ohm for the year and a half it was running that way. I have it wired at 2 ohms now on just one of the subs and it is awesome.
How exactly is that working out for you? The S12L7 sub calls for 750 watts RMS @ 2ohms and the amp puts out only 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms...
Sounds like to me you are under powering the sub..
Even with TWO S12L7 subs that would call for 1500 watts RMS and the amp only puts out 1200 watts RMS and you would have to be running the subs in parallel to achieve that, not to mention they would both have to be 4 ohm DVS subs...
Under powered...still....
It's working out great on both accounts the amplifier actually came with a birth sheet of 1547 watts and I am running a red top with the big three done and a 275 amp alt so most of the time I am running close to 14.4 which makes this amp spot on.
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
prodriveaudi 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
ferretvw wrote:
rrcustom wrote:
ferretvw wrote:
I have been using that amp for about 3 years now and love it. I was originally running it at 1 ohm on 2 kicker 12" L7's and never had a problem at 1 ohm for the year and a half it was running that way. I have it wired at 2 ohms now on just one of the subs and it is awesome.
How exactly is that working out for you? The S12L7 sub calls for 750 watts RMS @ 2ohms and the amp puts out only 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms...
Even with TWO S12L7 subs that would call for 1500 watts RMS and the amp only puts out 1200 watts RMS and you would have to be running the subs in parallel to achieve that, not to mention they would both have to be 4 ohm DVS subs...
It's working out great on both accounts the amplifier actually came with a birth sheet of 1547 watts and I am running a red top with the big three done and a 275 amp alt so most of the time I am running close to 14.4 which makes this amp spot on.
Could you post and/or email me the birth certificate? I want to see it. A decent scanner can do the job! Much appreciated.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
rrcustom wrote:
ferretvw wrote:
There is nothing wrong with underpowering speakers. You won't even hear the difference between 1200 watts and 1500 watts.
The speaker does not "call" for 750 watts...that is just a rated continuous power handling.
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
No unfortunately I don't have the birth certificate anymore I got rid of it when I moved and I agree with Azn you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway, it would be under 1dB of total gain if my maths are correct.
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic